- Introduction to Community Policy
- Community Conduct Policy
- Community Content Policy
- Reporting Violations of Language Tools Community Policy
Introduction to Community Policy
Language Tools’ Community Policy help ensure that Language Tools is a safe place where language learners from all over the world can connect with one another and help each other learn a language.
We have the right but not the obligation to monitor your account and any content you transmit via our services. Language Tools’ default position is to not delete, censor, or edit user generated content in any of Language Tools’ community features. However, there are cases in which Language Tools may take extraordinary steps in response to violations of the Community Policy, the Terms of Service, and other policies.
These actions can include:
* Deleting or banning users
* Editing, modifying or removing content
* Publishing, transmitting or displaying content in an altered way
Community Conduct Policy
1. Do NOT Spam: Do not send the same message to multiple users or repeatedly post the same message in discussions, notebooks or answers sections.
2. Do NOT Post or Send Commercial Advertisements: Do not post or comment for commercial purposes.
3. Do NOT Search for a Romantic Relationship: Do not contact other Language Tools members for dating, or to find sexual partners. Language Tools considers this harassment. Language Tools takes reports of unwanted sexual advances very seriously.
4. Do NOT Harass, Bully, or Stalk: Language Tools does not tolerate harassment, bullying or stalking. Language Tools will take action on all reports of abusive behavior. Repeatedly messaging another user with unwanted friend requests or messages is a form of harassment.
5. Do NOT Create False Identities: Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts is not allowed. Duplicate, fake, and joke profiles are not allowed.
Community Content Policy
User Generated Content that falls into any of the following categories is prohibited and Language Tools will remove this content. Any Language Tools user that is in violation of Language Tools policies can and will be removed from the Language Tools system.
1. Hate Speech and Offensive Language
Language Tools does not permit hate speech or offensive language. We do not permit users to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
2. Commercial or Promotional Content
We ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. This includes engaging in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, via the services. In addition, do not make posts or comments that are solely for commercial purposes since this detracts from, and does not add anything of value to the language-learning community.
3. Sexual and Pornographic Content
Language Tools has a strict policy against the sharing of pornographic content and any sexually explicit content. We also impose limitations on the display of nudity.
4. Personally Identifiable & Sensitive Information
Language Tools does not allow publishing a user's personal or sensitive information without a person's consent. Users are not allowed to interfere with any other user's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about other users.
5. Pirated Content
Language Tools does not allow users to share content on Language Tools, where they do not have the rights to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
6. Political or Religious Discussions
Language Tools does not permit discussions or graphics relating to political or religious events or groups. Politics and religion are sensitive topics that often lead to polarizing and hateful comments. It is our position to not have these types of discussions on a site that is meant for language learning.
We remove content when we think there is a risk of physical harm, or a threat to public or individual safety. You may not threaten others, or suggest acts of violence. We do not allow promoting, planning or celebrating any actions if they could result in harm to others, including theft and vandalism.
Language Tools takes threats of self-harm seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders, or drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies around the world to provide assistance for people in distress.
9. Personal Attacks
You shall not personally attack another User. Personal attacks are a direct violation of this Community Policy.
10. Harmful Content to the Services
You shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component nor shall you interfere with or disrupt the Web site, the Services, the community areas or the servers or networks connected to the same, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks.
11. Encouragement of Violations of the Law
You shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that advocates or provides instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them nor shall you upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that violates any law or engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability. Furthermore, you shall not facilitate or encourage any violations of our policies.
You shall not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any of our employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Reporting Violations of Language Tools Community Policy
If you think another user is violating the Language Tools Community Policy or Terms of Service, please report this to Language Tools. Notify the Language Tools team
If you see a post or comment that violates the Community Policy or Terms of Service, please use the "report" function.