Wrong sentences after export

Posts3Likes1Joined12/12/2023Location新北市 / TW
Native
German
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, Russian

When I export my vocabulary, the text file I get puts wrong sentences with the words. I thought there was something wrong with Anki but it can already be seen in the text file.

Posted 
Posts1644Likes1096Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Lukas, I couldn't reproduce it - could you please give me a screenshot of the entire export pop-up that gives you this result? We might have some sort of buffer related bug; you could try deleting export fields, checking/unchecking boxes, and running several times as a work around to see if it helps.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
German

Sure, I attached the screenshot. Although I had a look at it again and I think the problem might have something to do with the vocabulary list on the website. In the exported file there is one particular sentence that is added for a lot of different words (although not containing them). When I look for these words in the vocabulary list, they all seem to be missing the original sentence they were taken from. Could this have something to do with it?

I tried to change up things in the export window but it didn't help. For now I'll just remove that one sentence from all the cards (Anki let's you do that in bulk) and after that add the sentences manually. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I see you don't have language, course or passage listed. Are you just trying to export your entire vocabulary list for Mandarin?

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
German

Yes exactly since Anki just tells you when there are words that are have already been imported. So you can just add all of them and Anki will only import those, that are new.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Ok, thanks for your response. I double-checked, and there appears to be a couple problems.

1)    There are 198 entries in the vocabulary list, but only 190 make it to the export list

2)    Although word, definition and pinyin seem to be working correctly, sentences isn’t. The first sentence that contains the word is supposed to get exported, but as you mentioned, the sentence that is actually getting exported sometimes does not contain the word, and sometimes there is no sentence. (Just doing a random glance, the sentences for 寫道, 尋求 have sentences that don’t contain them and 姿態, 完了are missing sentences.)

Lukas wrote:
In the exported file there is one particular sentence that is added for a lot of different words (although not containing them). When I look for these words in the vocabulary list, they all seem to be missing the original sentence they were taken from.
Which sentence is this?

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
    Feedback