Show translated word

Posts9Likes3Joined9/11/2023LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Greek - Modern

It would be awesome if there was a toggle feature that allowed us to turn on or turn off the function that if we click a word or phrase, it would leave a copy of the translated text maybe above or below the phrase so we could refer back and line by line the text and translation. Maybe this exists already?

Posted 
Posts1644Likes1096Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Although I don't understand exactly what you are describing, I'm sure we don't have this. I'll put it in a ticket to see what the tech team makes of it, but I'll make no promises.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Greek - Modern

Sorry for the poor descriptor Leo, what I was looking for is for instance when I click a word I get the definition on the side panel which is awesome, but when I move on it’d be nice to see the translation above the word. Something like the attachment; although, I love language crush far more than any alternative ha!

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks for the explanation. I understood that part (which we don't have btw). I didn't understand "so we could refer back and line by line the text and translation".

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Greek - Modern

Did the description or screen shot help explain? Thanks Leo!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

No. I think of "line by line" as an adverb rather than a verb. I understand you want the definitions to continue to show, and that is all. I also don't know when you, or if you ever, want them to disappear again.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Greek - Modern

Ah! Thanks for the help Leo. Yes, I would figure when you clicked it again it would go away? Regardless the app is great as is, was genuinely curious about something like this. :) 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

ok, thanks for the clarification. I'll pass it on.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
    Feedback