Lyrics

Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

Does anybody know any source which could help me understand jazz lyrics? Every time I try there's at least a verse I don't really get the meaning, no matter how much I google it or read dictionaries. I can't think of any example right now, but what I meant is if there's any specific dictionary.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined20/9/2019LocationRizal / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Russian

I think that's how they're meant to be listened to. They sing the lyrics of a jazz song without really enunciating the words properly to focus on the tone of the music. So pronunciation wise, we really don't understand it. Or at least it's very hard to understand. With regards to music though, they're good. 

"Не волнуйтесь"

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

jpormento wrote:
I think that's how they're meant to be listened to. They sing the lyrics of a jazz song without really enunciating the words properly to focus on the tone of the music. So pronunciation wise, we really don't understand it. Or at least it's very hard to understand. With regards to music though, they're good.
Thanks for your comment, but actually my difficulties regard the meaning, not the pronunciation. I think that using traditional dictionaries is not enough.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

The meanings of song lyrics and poetry are quite often difficult to understand, even for native speakers. I doubt that there are any special dictionaries for them. If you really want to know the meaning, the best you can do is google specific pieces.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
    Feedback