Free talk thread

Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

I've seen a thread like this on multiple forums so I think a thread like this may be fun to have on this forum.

Here you can talk random things...talk about your life, what you're doing, literally anything you can think of!

Currently...I am sick :/ I have a cold and it definitely sucks :/

And how are you doing fellow forumers? (forumers is not a word but who cares :D ) 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Woke up with a start and it's just been going downhill from there.I just want this day to end already. 

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

dragonsky wrote:

I've seen a thread like this on multiple forums so I think a thread like this may be fun to have on this forum.

Here you can talk random things...talk about your life, what you're doing, literally anything you can think of!

Currently...I am sick :/ I have a cold and it definitely sucks :/

And how are you doing fellow forumers? (forumers is not a word but who cares :D )

Get well soon...

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I finished an article this morning and caught up with old friends it wasn't a bad day flipping windy though oh and I just started a 100 day songwriting challenge and wrote and uploaded my first idea of the year 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

It's close to 11 pm here but I cant sleep...and I got a headache. :disappointed_relieved::cry:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Native
English

Get better soon edz 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Get well soon everyone.  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Goodnight everyone :blush:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

I like how this thread is going on ^_^ 

This forum is full of great people ^_^ 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/12/2018Location
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona
Other Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Tagalog

dragonsky wrote:

Y'know...I am also someone who really likes being in this forum. 

And at the same time, there is something I keep thinking of once in a while.

How come that a not-so-small number of people join, make a few posts, and then don't even reply to e.g. their own introduction thread any more, not to mention any other threads? Don't want to sound like complaining. Simply wondering a little bit. And yes, I also had been sometimes absent for a few days. But still... does anybody have any thoughts on that one?

SGP = _____ _____ ____ (currently remixing my nickname)

My Youtube channel (EN, DE, ...)

Alpha Centauri Style Music (on Soundcloud)

Posted 
Native
English

Maybe they don't see all their notifications? 

Posted 
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona

Now that just might be the explanation.

Although that wouldn't be a big sensation.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

In my case, I used to check and answer every single notification but now, I don't because I often find it overwhelming to receive a notification for every single reply. 

Is it just me? LOL

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Native
German

Rose.Angelie wrote:
Jade.Xuereb wrote:

In my case, I used to check and answer every single notification but now, I don't because I often find it overwhelming to receive a notification for every single reply.
Is it just me? LOL

Could it be that you built your tents in much more threads than I did?

Because I find it underwhelming. I sometimes wish that there was more going on.

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Glad to see this thread is doing alright ^_^ 

ow are you people doing this Saturday? Is life treating you nice? 

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

SGP wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

Y'know...I am also someone who really likes being in this forum.
And at the same time, there is something I keep thinking of once in a while.
How come that a not-so-small number of people join, make a few posts, and then don't even reply to e.g. their own introduction thread any more, not to mention any other threads? Don't want to sound like complaining. Simply wondering a little bit. And yes, I also had been sometimes absent for a few days. But still... does anybody have any thoughts on that one?

Well idk, for me personally I don't always have something smart to reply and I don't want to just reply something for the sake of replying. Sometiems I like the replies made to my comments instead of replying.

And as of this thread..well my idea was just for this thread to exist cause I've seen so many threads like this on other forums so I wanted this thread to exist without it being related to the rest of the forum, just people writing something about their day or a movie/book they've watched/read, or talking about some personal problems...

Idk, I viewed this thread as a "just write whatever" so you can get it off your chest thread haah

And @Rose, I feel the same haha :D In the stsart I tried to reply or like every single reply but now I get too many responses so I just view some threads and not every single notification I get :/ 

Posted 
Native

SGP wrote:

Could it be that you built your tents in much more threads than I did?
Because I find it underwhelming. I sometimes wish that there was more going on.

When there are like 5 or more replies to 5 different threads, that's overwhelming for me. And if I don't have any value to add or can't keep the conversation going, I just don't reply anymore. 

Also sometimes, I prefer to just silently read what's going on. I'm a silent reader in many of the online groups and communities I'm part of. I don't engage much but I join for the support/learning it offers. Maybe many are like that too. 

Posted 
Native

dragonsky wrote:

Well idk, for me personally I don't always have something smart to reply and I don't want to just reply something for the sake of replying. Sometiems I like the replies made to my comments instead of replying.

This. Me too. 

Even on Facebook, when people comment on my own posts and I can't think of anything to say, I just like the comments and leave them hanging. LOL

Posted 
Native

dragonsky wrote:
Glad to see this thread is doing alright ^_^
ow are you people doing this Saturday? Is life treating you nice?

Now to answer this -

Saturday's so-so. Trying to catch up with some online work for this week since I missed my work days since Monday because we had to bring my baby to the hospital. She was admitted for 7 days and we just got home yesterday. Gaaad, I didn't realize how expensive medical bills and doctors' fees are these days. But so glad, she's fine now.. so back to work!

Posted 
Native
German

Rose.Angelie wrote:
When there are like 5 or more replies to 5 different threads, that's overwhelming for me. And if I don't have any value to add or can't keep the conversation going, I just don't reply anymore.

Never happened to me in this forum. Could be because I didn't "subscribe" to too many threads yet.

wrote:
Even on Facebook, when people comment on my own posts and I can't think of anything to say, I just like the comments and leave them hanging. LOL

I seeee...

Maybe many conversations (no matter between whom and whom) die like this?

Posted 
    Feedback