We use cookies please follow the link for more information

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Woooo hooo!!!! 


Will you celebrate it? How was 2018 for you? What are your expectations for 2019? 

Posted 
1
#1
Ranger
Posts298Likes159Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I celebrated the New year in church, then I went home and slept all through.

2018 was a learning ground for me. I am more certain of what i want to be, who i want to become.

2019 is a continuation for me, to put together all I've learned so far and work towards achieving the goals I've set for myself.

So...... fingers crossed... 

Kevwe A.

Posted 
1
#2
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Oghenekevwe wrote:
I celebrated the New year in church, then I went home and slept all through.
2018 was a learning ground for me. I am more certain of what i want to be, who i want to become.
2019 is a continuation for me, to put together all I've learned so far and work towards achieving the goals I've set for myself.
So...... fingers crossed...:hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:

We celebrate Christmas here in Church (Christmas here is on 7th of January), and I had no idea there were countries where the New Year was celebrate in churches., that's good to hear.



Posted 
1
#3
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Btw to answer my own question...I was at home haha :D 

I got out during the day and had some fun with friends and I came back like 30 minutes before midnight so..yey :D


And as for my goals...well..I kinda want to release a book this year...

Now...I don't claim to be really good storyteller or anything..and I found out that apparently releasing a book is literally losing money and gaining nothing....but I still want to have a physical thing that I can hold in my hands and I can say "Hey..no matter if this is good or terrible....I made it! yey" :D 

Posted 
1
#4
Elf
Posts142Likes113Joined4/10/2018Location
Native
Chinese - Mandarin, English, Chinese - Cantonese
Other French, Indonesian, Russian, Thai, Vietnamese

dragonsky wrote:
Btw to answer my own question...I was at home haha :D
I got out during the day and had some fun with friends and I came back like 30 minutes before midnight so..yey :D
And as for my goals...well..I kinda want to release a book this year...
Now...I don't claim to be really good storyteller or anything..and I found out that apparently releasing a book is literally losing money and gaining nothing....but I still want to have a physical thing that I can hold in my hands and I can say "Hey..no matter if this is good or terrible....I made it! yey" :D


What's your book about? 


I didn't do anything in particular for NYE, except maybe rejoice that buses were free on that day in Seattle! 


2018 was fairly decent - I visited 20+ new countries, and decided that my previous job was really not for me. 


2019 will involve looking for a new career.

Posted 
0
#5
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

meifeng wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
Btw to answer my own question...I was at home haha :D
I got out during the day and had some fun with friends and I came back like 30 minutes before midnight so..yey :D
And as for my goals...well..I kinda want to release a book this year...
Now...I don't claim to be really good storyteller or anything..and I found out that apparently releasing a book is literally losing money and gaining nothing....but I still want to have a physical thing that I can hold in my hands and I can say "Hey..no matter if this is good or terrible....I made it! yey" :D

What's your book about?
I didn't do anything in particular for NYE, except maybe rejoice that buses were free on that day in Seattle!
2018 was fairly decent - I visited 20+ new countries, and decided that my previous job was really not for me.
2019 will involve looking for a new career.

Damn, 20+? That's a lot! Which countries did you visit?


Hmm. well I don't like to talk too much about a thing is not even half close to finishing, and at this point I just view this as a hobby and the tough part will come when I look for publishers in my country (and I asked some people that did that before so they told me basically I should just throw money without expecting anything)


Also, I don't fool my self that I am good or whatever. I just write in my style and I hope at least one other person likes it. I'm happy with little haha :D


Actually it's not a "book" per se, but it's a collection of short stories all set in one universe. Some characters and elements from some short stories appear in the others.


It's happening in 2149 in my country, and it's a comedy/satire. It talks about how life changed in the future, but how the human relations and what not still stays the same despite everything being different. Making fun of the problems of today by putting them in sci-fi setting sorta haha :D 

Posted 
1
#6
Ranger
Posts409Likes151Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! ^_^

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
1
#7
Elf
Posts142Likes113Joined4/10/2018Location
Native
Chinese - Mandarin, English, Chinese - Cantonese
Other French, Indonesian, Russian, Thai, Vietnamese

dragonsky wrote:
meifeng wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
Btw to answer my own question...I was at home haha :D
I got out during the day and had some fun with friends and I came back like 30 minutes before midnight so..yey :D
And as for my goals...well..I kinda want to release a book this year...
Now...I don't claim to be really good storyteller or anything..and I found out that apparently releasing a book is literally losing money and gaining nothing....but I still want to have a physical thing that I can hold in my hands and I can say "Hey..no matter if this is good or terrible....I made it! yey" :D

What's your book about?
I didn't do anything in particular for NYE, except maybe rejoice that buses were free on that day in Seattle!
2018 was fairly decent - I visited 20+ new countries, and decided that my previous job was really not for me.
2019 will involve looking for a new career.

Damn, 20+? That's a lot! Which countries did you visit?
Hmm. well I don't like to talk too much about a thing is not even half close to finishing, and at this point I just view this as a hobby and the tough part will come when I look for publishers in my country (and I asked some people that did that before so they told me basically I should just throw money without expecting anything)
Also, I don't fool my self that I am good or whatever. I just write in my style and I hope at least one other person likes it. I'm happy with little haha :D
Actually it's not a "book" per se, but it's a collection of short stories all set in one universe. Some characters and elements from some short stories appear in the others.
It's happening in 2149 in my country, and it's a comedy/satire. It talks about how life changed in the future, but how the human relations and what not still stays the same despite everything being different. Making fun of the problems of today by putting them in sci-fi setting sorta haha :D


New countries visited this year: South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Macedonia, Paraguay, Bahamas.


I understand. I don't like to talk about the stuff I'm writing about until the process has finished. Good luck - the premise sounds interesting!

Posted 
1
#8
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

meifeng wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
meifeng wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
Btw to answer my own question...I was at home haha :D
I got out during the day and had some fun with friends and I came back like 30 minutes before midnight so..yey :D
And as for my goals...well..I kinda want to release a book this year...
Now...I don't claim to be really good storyteller or anything..and I found out that apparently releasing a book is literally losing money and gaining nothing....but I still want to have a physical thing that I can hold in my hands and I can say "Hey..no matter if this is good or terrible....I made it! yey" :D

What's your book about?
I didn't do anything in particular for NYE, except maybe rejoice that buses were free on that day in Seattle!
2018 was fairly decent - I visited 20+ new countries, and decided that my previous job was really not for me.
2019 will involve looking for a new career.

Damn, 20+? That's a lot! Which countries did you visit?
Hmm. well I don't like to talk too much about a thing is not even half close to finishing, and at this point I just view this as a hobby and the tough part will come when I look for publishers in my country (and I asked some people that did that before so they told me basically I should just throw money without expecting anything)
Also, I don't fool my self that I am good or whatever. I just write in my style and I hope at least one other person likes it. I'm happy with little haha :D
Actually it's not a "book" per se, but it's a collection of short stories all set in one universe. Some characters and elements from some short stories appear in the others.
It's happening in 2149 in my country, and it's a comedy/satire. It talks about how life changed in the future, but how the human relations and what not still stays the same despite everything being different. Making fun of the problems of today by putting them in sci-fi setting sorta haha :D

New countries visited this year: South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Macedonia, Paraguay, Bahamas.
I understand. I don't like to talk about the stuff I'm writing about until the process has finished. Good luck - the premise sounds interesting!


Ok I'll have to be boring and ask the question probably everyone asks you about their country.....how did you like our country? (Macedonia) :D 

Posted 
1
#9
Elf
Posts142Likes113Joined4/10/2018Location
Native
Chinese - Mandarin, English, Chinese - Cantonese
Other French, Indonesian, Russian, Thai, Vietnamese

dragonsky wrote:

Ok I'll have to be boring and ask the question probably everyone asks you about their country.....how did you like our country? (Macedonia) :D


I only spent 2 days in Skopje. Skopje feels crazy with all its crazy statues, bridges, and restaurants by the river. I do like the food!


What would you recommend for a return visit to Macedonia?

Posted 
1
#10
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

meifeng wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

Ok I'll have to be boring and ask the question probably everyone asks you about their country.....how did you like our country? (Macedonia) :D

I only spent 2 days in Skopje. Skopje feels crazy with all its crazy statues, bridges, and restaurants by the river. :laughing: I do like the food!
What would you recommend for a return visit to Macedonia?

Many people recommend the Canyon Matka, so I'll be cliche and tell you to visit that :D


We have some museums as well (by the river)


Out of the all statues/bridges/etc I love our theater and the football stadium. The theater is also one of the many buildings by the river haha, but inside (and outside I'd say) it's pretty cool and old school. The plays are in Macedonian,but the building inside is pretty cool.


Also as a sports fan I love that our football stadium ended up being a host of the UEFA Super Cup last year with Manchester United playing Real Madrid. One of the highlights of our country to be honest.


Also, another cliche answer, but many people recommend the city of Ohrid as it has the biggest lake in the country and many foreigners visit it in the summer. However that city is notorious for scamming out foreigners with their prices (and I hope some people didn't ask you for too much when you ordered a food/drink or in the taxi) for example, a beer here is 2 bucks (at most) but since foreigners have more money they can pay them 5 bucks and no one will have a problem with it :D 


btw... in the last few yeas there's this "trend" of protests here, so it would definitely sound crazy if the city was blocked cause of some protests :D 

Posted 
1
#11
Elf
Posts145Likes61Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

Happy New Year, everyone! 


How's your 2019 so far? I feel like I'm still in "vacation mode". LOL


Does anyone here commit to a "WORD OF THE YEAR"? It's basically about setting a word that you'll be focusing on for the rest of the year.


Mine would be PRIORITY. This year I will work on being more intentional with my priorities.


What about you guys? :)

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!


Posted 
0
#12
Ranger
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Happy new year Rose! :)


Well..idk, I guess I am still in the same vacation mode as you are haha :D I am trying to improve somethings but mentally I am not yet in "aww yeah let's do it all!!" mode 


And...hmm...I like your idea of "word of the year"! :) 

Posted 
0
#13
Ranger
Posts204Likes76Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

A happy and prosperous New Year to you all!!!!!!!!! I hope this year will be an awesome one for us all!!!  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
0
#14