We use cookies please follow the link for more information

Chicken pox

Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Hi everyone. For a while, the thought of either sharing or not sharing this one with you got a good fight in my mind, but in the end the former won. Haha! 


(I'm laughing here but right now I'm fighting my own battle not to scratch my back, my head, and every part of my body where there are blisters.) Yes, I have a chicken pox at the moment, and it has been 5 days already that I'm in isolation. :slightly_frowning_face:...Have you ever experience getting sick like this before? What did you do to motivate yourself to fight all the sadness, boredom, and worries? Please let me know. Thanks! 

Edzky-18

Posted 
1
#1
Ranger
Posts204Likes76Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Hi Edz! I understand how you feel, been there. Just accept for the moment that you have those uneasy feelings and know that it can only last for a short period of time. Sometimes we must accept our current situation because acceptance is a very essential part of the healing process. Try to divert your attention into doing things that you love. I believe your much stronger compared to what you are battling now!  

Charlyn Amoin

Edited 
1
#2
Ranger
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Chicken Pox is no joke. I had it older when I was 25 and it was one of the worst things I ever experienced. I had blisters anywhere and they left me scars for life. I was advised to eat some antivirals and I said no, worst decision ever. I had a cough, that got complicated and was prescribed a bunch of medicine and antibiotics at the end. It took over 3 weeks for me to get better. I hope that you don't have it as bad as I did and that you recover soon. Best wishes!!!!!!

-Ari-

Edited 
1
#3
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Ari wrote:

Chicken Pox is no joke. I had it older when I was 25 and it was one of the worst things I ever experienced. I had blisters anywhere and they left me scars for life. I was advised to eat some antivirals and I said no, worst decision ever. I had a cough, that got complicated and was prescribed a bunch of medicine and antibiotics at the end. It took over 3 weeks for me to get better. I hope that you don't have it as bad as I did and that you recover soon. Best wishes!!!!!!


Yeah, this is worst indeed. Thanks Ari! I got no cough, it's a relief. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#4
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Charlyn wrote:

Hi Edz! I understand how you feel, been there. Just accept for the moment that you have those uneasy feelings and know that it can only last for a short period of time. Sometimes we must accept our current situation because acceptance is a very essential part of the healing process. Try to divert your attention into doing things that you love. I believe your much stronger compared to what you are battling now! :innocent: :slightly_smiling_face:


Thanks Charlyn! Will do that. The doc says I should stay in the room until 2 weeks so I still have 8 more days to go. Ajah! 

Edzky-18

Posted 
1
#5
Ranger
Posts204Likes76Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Your welcome Edz! You can do it! :) 

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
1
#6
Ranger
Posts409Likes151Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

How are you now? lol

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
0
#7
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Still confined in the room. Waiting for the blisters to completely heal. Been absent from work for 3 weeks this week already. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#8
Ranger
Posts409Likes151Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

edz.conde wrote:

Still confined in the room. Waiting for the blisters to completely heal. Been absent from work for 3 weeks this week already.


oh, sorry to hear that..get well soon. 

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
0
#9
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Michelle.Batan wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

Still confined in the room. Waiting for the blisters to completely heal. Been absent from work for 3 weeks this week already.

oh, sorry to hear that..get well soon.


Thanks! 

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#11
Ranger
Posts347Likes191Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Edz, so what are you doing to keep yourself busy while you heal?

Posted 
0
#12
Ranger
Posts298Likes159Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Awww, I totally get how you must feel right now. When I had measles, I felt itchy all over, I was restless and could not sleep. There's was really not much anyone could do to make me feel better. Just keep telling yourself it'll be over soon. Wishing you speedy recovery.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
1
#13
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Edz, so what are you doing to keep yourself busy while you heal?


It's a good thing there are still things that I can do while confined in the room. Aside from watching tv, browsing the net, doing some online jobs, I get to oversee my babies thru cctv. I miss hugging and playing with them. The last blisters to appear are healing already so maybe a day or two I'll be off in this room already. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#14
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Awww, I totally get how you must feel right now. When I had measles, I felt itchy all over, I was restless and could not sleep. There's was really not much anyone could do to make me feel better. Just keep telling yourself it'll be over soon. Wishing you speedy recovery.


Thanks! It has been 3 weeks already so I've gone past the crucial part. Only waiting for the blisters to completely heal.

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#15
Ranger
Posts347Likes191Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

edz.conde wrote:
Phillip.Laplana wrote:
Edz, so what are you doing to keep yourself busy while you heal?

It's a good thing there are still things that I can do while confined in the room. Aside from watching tv, browsing the net, doing some online jobs, I get to oversee my babies thru cctv. I miss hugging and playing with them. The last blisters to appear are healing already so maybe a day or two I'll be off in this room already.


That's harsh. I couldn't imagine being away from my little ones. Glad you're getting better soon. Here's to you and hugging your babies finally.  




Posted 
1
#16
Ranger
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

edz.conde wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Awww, I totally get how you must feel right now. When I had measles, I felt itchy all over, I was restless and could not sleep. There's was really not much anyone could do to make me feel better. Just keep telling yourself it'll be over soon. Wishing you speedy recovery.

Thanks! It has been 3 weeks already so I've gone past the crucial part. Only waiting for the blisters to completely heal.


I cannot imagine doing that now that I have kids. I am glad that the worse it's over. Best wishes!!!!

-Ari-

Posted 
1
#17
Ranger
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Edz, so what are you doing to keep yourself busy while you heal?

It's a good thing there are still things that I can do while confined in the room. Aside from watching tv, browsing the net, doing some online jobs, I get to oversee my babies thru cctv. I miss hugging and playing with them. The last blisters to appear are healing already so maybe a day or two I'll be off in this room already.

That's harsh. I couldn't imagine being away from my little ones. Glad you're getting better soon. Here's to you and hugging your babies finally. :slightly_smiling_face:



Thanks Philip! This is my first time to be away (yet near) from them for this long. They dont know I'm just here in the room because if they do, they might cry their hearts out just to come inside. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#18