Intermediate English Test

level
6
Posts145Likes61Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

Hey guys,


For those who wanted to do some English tests, you may want to check this free resource:


https://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/quiz/english2/index.php


Good luck! :)



Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!


Posted 
0
#1
level
6
Posts114Likes79Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Nice! thanks for the link


Posted 
0
#2
level
1
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Thanks I will try it out to see where do I stand.

-Ari-

Posted 
0
#3
level
8
Posts298Likes159Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I thought I was pretty good in English, till I took this test twice :disappointed_relieved:

Kevwe A.

Posted 
0
#4
level
6
Posts171Likes89Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Checking. Thank you!

Posted 
0
#5
level
6
Posts145Likes61Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

Oghenekevwe wrote:

I thought I was pretty good in English, till I took this test twice :disappointed_relieved:

Oh, me too! Tests like this take me back to my challenging highschool/college days. 

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!


Posted 
1
#6
level
9
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Haha... got 13 out of 15. Need to improve my grammar. I thought this sentence is correct but according to the test it is not... can you please explain why... Here's the sentence: "The police is coming. "

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#7
level
8
Posts298Likes159Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

edz.conde wrote:

Haha... got 13 out of 15. Need to improve my grammar. I thought this sentence is correct but according to the test it is not... can you please explain why... Here's the sentence: "The police is coming. "

The phrase "the police are" is grammatically correct, whereas "the police is" is not. This is because "police" is plural. You could say "the police department is" because "police department" is singular or you could say "the policeman is".

Hope this clears it for you.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
1
#8
level
9
Posts363Likes174Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Oghenekevwe wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

Haha... got 13 out of 15. Need to improve my grammar. I thought this sentence is correct but according to the test it is not... can you please explain why... Here's the sentence: "The police is coming. "

The phrase "the police are" is grammatically correct, whereas "the police is" is not. This is because "police" is plural. You could say "the police department is" because "police department" is singular or you could say "the policeman is".

Hope this clears it for you.


Got that. Thanks!:slightly_smiling_face: Maybe I'm just used to the words "policeman/men" ...and when we say "police" here in our country which is actually spelled as "pulis"...it usually is singular, except when there is "mga" before the "pulis".

Edzky-18

Posted 
0
#9
level
1
Posts200Likes92Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

Alright! Thanks!

Posted 
0
#10
level
9
Posts409Likes154Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

this is amazing! haha! thanks for this :blush:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
0
#11
    Feedback