Excuses we make for not wanting to learn a new language

Ranger
Posts209Likes 117Joined 6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Mine has to be "It's just too hard" and "I probably should have started when I was much younger.

But now I'm challenging myself and I know I can do it.

 You see, the trick is to laugh at your mistakes but at the same time know that making those mistakes is improving your language. Don't try to take yourself too seriously!

Most important of all relax, enjoy and have fun!

Kevwe A.

Posted
0
#1
Elf
Posts171Likes 88Joined 11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

I am losing my big WHY. That's what's roadblock.

Posted
0
#2
Ranger
Posts209Likes 117Joined 6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Hey Aileen, I wish I had something super encouraging to say to you, but all I can say is, it's okay to take a step back and reevaluate all the reasons that made you start in the first place. Or better still,take a break,do something else that motivates you and makes you happy and when you find your why,you come right back and kick ass!

Kevwe A.

Posted
0
#3
Ranger
Posts415Likes 211Joined 4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

"I don't have enough time" and "the lessons are expensive"

Posted
0
#4
Elf
Posts171Likes 88Joined 11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Oghenekevwe wrote:
Hey Aileen, I wish I had something super encouraging to say to you, but all I can say is, it's okay to take a step back and reevaluate all the reasons that made you start in the first place. Or better still,take a break,do something else that motivates you and makes you happy and when you find your why,you come right back and kick ass!
Thank you for your kind words.

Posted
1
#5
Ranger
Posts230Likes 120Joined 16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

"I don't have enough time" and "the lessons are expensive"

Yes, that is my excuse.

-Ari-

Posted
0
#6
Ent
Posts760Likes 466Joined 18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning Korean
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

"I need to get my other languages up to a higher level before adding a new one."

Signature

Posted
1
#7
Ranger
Posts200Likes 92Joined 12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

"I don't have enough time" and "the lessons are expensive"

Same excuse.

Posted
0
#8
Ranger
Posts230Likes 120Joined 16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

leosmith wrote:

"I need to get my other languages up to a higher level before adding a new one."

Yes Leo, you are not the average person. You are over there in genious/ent level.

-Ari-

Posted
1
#9
Ranger
Posts209Likes 117Joined 6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

You brought those words right out of my mouth!

Kevwe A.

Posted
0
#10