What's the best state to live in in the US?

level
1
Posts70Likes20Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

I hear many people are leaving California to settle down in a different state, which do you think is the best state to live in the USA?

Edited 
0
#1
level
10
Posts436Likes220Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

GonzaloA wrote:

I hear many people are leaving California to settle down in a different state, which do you think is the best state to live in the USA?

One with the lower taxes? XD

Edited 
0
#2
level
1
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

A lot of people are coming to Texas from California, but is mainly for work because so many companies have built their corporate offices over here.

-Ari-

Posted 
0
#3
level
1
Posts70Likes20Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

Yes, taxes are important but we also have to consider: crime, education, weather, employment...

Posted 
0
#4
level
1
Posts70Likes20Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

Ari wrote:
A lot of people are coming to Texas from California, but is mainly for work because so many companies have built their corporate offices over here.

good to know, what kind of companies ?

Edited 
0
#5
level
1
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

GonzaloA wrote:

Ari wrote:

A lot of people are coming to Texas from California, but is mainly for work because so many companies have built their corporate offices over here.

good to know, what kind of companies ?

Close to me, the one that brought a lot of relocation from California was Toyota, but there are a lots of corporations over here.  

-Ari-

Posted 
0
#6
level
10
Posts436Likes220Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Ari wrote:

GonzaloA wrote:

Ari wrote:

A lot of people are coming to Texas from California, but is mainly for work because so many companies have built their corporate offices over here.

good to know, what kind of companies ?

Close to me, the one that brought a lot of relocation from California was Toyota, but there are a lots of corporations over here.

Fracking and oil industry?

Posted 
0
#7
level
1
Posts29Likes23Joined4/9/2018LocationChicago, Illinois / US
Native
English
Other Indonesian, Spanish

I hear good things about Colorado - so much natural beauty there and inexpensive compared to the coasts, though a lot of places are gentrifying.

Posted 
0
#8
level
1
Posts70Likes20Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

what do you think of Hawaii?

Posted 
0
#9
level
7
Posts270Likes101Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

As a non-american I always saw the South of US as a good place to live, I always found Texas as a chill place, it looks like it's a cool state to live in. Also honestly I like the redneck accent and overall style of living in those southern states 

Posted 
0
#10
level
1
Posts230Likes121Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

dragonsky wrote:

As a non-american I always saw the South of US as a good place to live, I always found Texas as a chill place, it looks like it's a cool state to live in. Also honestly I like the redneck accent and overall style of living in those southern states

Texas is great!!!!

-Ari-

Posted 
1
#11
level
6
Posts171Likes89Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

How about in Alabama?

Posted 
0
#12
    Feedback