One of the ways to feel the pulse of a country is through understanding the music of the country. I would love to hear suggestions of cult music/rock anthems/hugely popular songs from different countries.
Hey I am from Venezuela, I could make a selection of some songs for you (in Spanish). Where are you from?
Thankyou so much. That would be great. :)
I am not from Hungary, but I absolutely love this Hungarian song.
I think this is exactly the type of song you may like :)
great idea mine is urdu i will share.
So, after thinking a little I made a broad list including things I normally don't hear but are part of my country:
- These two songs are the ones I would call the second and third anthem of Venezuela: "Alma llanera" (from any performer) and "Venezuela" (any performer, from Pablo Herrero Ibarz y José Luis Armenteros Sánchez).
- If you want to hear something between the 40' to the 80' you can look for any song of the "Billo's Caracas Boys".
- "Maracaibo 15" (Amparito, Viejo año) and "Gran coquivacoa" (Sin rencor) .
- "Guaco" (Vivo, Pídeme) and "Oscar de Leon" (Lloraras).
- "Simón Díaz", "Reinaldo Armas" and "Gualberto Ibarreto". Any song will give you the feeling.
- "Tambor urbano" (leo leo lee).
- "Los amigos invisibles" (Mentiras, Esto es lo que hay, La vecina, Viviré para tí, Cuchi cuchi)
- "King Chango" (Sin ti, Venezuelan in New York) and "Desorden público" (Allá cayo, Todo está muy normal).
- : "Caramelos de cianuro" (Los sanitarios, Veronica, Rubia sol morena luna), "Zapato 3" (Pantaletas negras) and "La vida boheme" <- band from a friend of mine so I recommend it (Radio capital, Danz -> I'm somewhere in the official video haha, can't remember where)
Here is the entrance song of MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko
I think the language is Latin (per Wiki). I don't understand a word but it's an absolutely beautiful song. Being a fan of MMA has it's perks sometimes haha