Are there any new language that were invented in the last 10 years?

Hobbit
Posts47Likes 18Joined 3/9/2018Location

Do you know of any languages that were created recently in the last 10 years. Do you think that there will come a time when a new langue will come which will be spoken globally across the world.

Posted
Hobbit
Posts29Likes 23Joined 4/9/2018LocationChicago, Illinois / US
Native
English
Other Indonesian, Spanish

Have you read much about Esperanto? I think that was the vision for it - a universal language that's super easy to learn. But it's definitely more than ten years old.

Edited
Ranger
Posts410Likes 211Joined 4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Do fantasy/fictional languages count (Like Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki or Valyrian)? I think that with globalization and technology there are more chances to develop a common language influenced by technology.

Posted
Hobbit
Posts19Likes 12Joined 5/9/2018LocationLisbon / PT
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Do fantasy/fictional languages count (Like Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki or Valyrian)? I think that with globalization and technology there are more chances to develop a common language influenced by technology.

For sure. There are many people who are into that. Obviously just to talk between them but it's always fun.

Posted
Ent
Posts742Likes 460Joined 18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning Korean
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

There are literally hundreds of "constructed" languages that have been around less than 10 years, but "natural" languages are hundreds if not thousands of years old.

Signature

Posted