What did you learn today?

Elf
Posts164Likes 57Joined 15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

I didn't have much time to study or be online today, so I was wondering what you all did and learnt in your respective languages.

Posted
1
#1
Ranger
Posts325Likes 225Joined 8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

We had friends over who speak very little English and refuse to speak it with us! So it was nice to be pushed into having to speak Spanish all afternoon. No new words but I was amused when my dad kept saying lunes lunes at Raul instead of luces ( Monday in place of lights) 

Posted
1
#2
Elf
Posts171Likes 88Joined 11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

I learned a few spanish words today like:

Donde - where

Dia - day

cansado - tired

hasta manana - see you tomorrow

hasta luego - see you later.

Posted
1
#3
Ranger
Posts298Likes 165Joined 11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Aileen.Cortes wrote:
I learned a few spanish words today like:
Donde - where
Dia - day
cansado - tired
hasta manana - see you tomorrow
hasta luego - see you later.


You can post this on the learning logs category. :)

--

ikay

Posted
1
#4
Dwarf
Posts69Likes 49Joined 8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Today I learned that you say "susIna" and not "sUsina" in Italian, which means "a plum" :D 

I've probably learned more but it's hard to remember all the new words that I'm picking up.

Posted
1
#5
Ranger
Posts345Likes 130Joined 10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

I discovered the meaning of my first name.

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted
1
#6
Dwarf
Posts69Likes 49Joined 8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Michelle.Batan wrote:

I discovered the meaning of my first name.

And what is it? :)

Posted
0
#7
Ranger
Posts345Likes 130Joined 10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

this is what google says


Michelle is a given name, originally the French feminine form of Michel, from the Hebrew name Michael meaning "Who is like God?".


do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted
1
#8
Elf
Posts171Likes 88Joined 11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

in Spanish.. 


bonito/ bonita? - pretty or beautiful

alto - high

bajo - low

boligrafo - pen

pregunta - question


Posted
0
#9
Dwarf
Posts69Likes 49Joined 8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Michelle.Batan wrote:

this is what google says

Michelle is a given name, originally the French feminine form of Michel, from the Hebrew name Michael meaning "Who is like God?".

wow that's a great meaning.

Posted
1
#10
Elf
Posts164Likes 57Joined 15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

We had friends over who speak very little English and refuse to speak it with us! So it was nice to be pushed into having to speak Spanish all afternoon. No new words but I was amused when my dad kept saying lunes lunes at Raul instead of luces ( Monday in place of lights)

  


Sounds funny and helpful, glad you had a good time speaking spanish!

Edited
1
#11
Elf
Posts164Likes 57Joined 15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Olga.Cygnel wrote:

Today I learned that you say "susIna" and not "sUsina" in Italian, which means "a plum" :D

I've probably learned more but it's hard to remember all the new words that I'm picking up.

I didn't know that I guess I just learnt something too!

Edited
0
#12
Elf
Posts164Likes 57Joined 15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

I learned a few spanish words today like:

Donde - where

Dia - day

cansado - tired

hasta manana - see you tomorrow

hasta luego - see you later.

Great job! Worth a log as ikaymoreno said!

Edited
1
#13
Elf
Posts164Likes 57Joined 15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Michelle.Batan wrote:

this is what google says

Michelle is a given name, originally the

French feminine form of Michel, from the Hebrew name Michael meaning "Who is like God?".

How interesting, love it

Posted
0
#14