Reason Why I Should Learn a Foreign Language

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

Learning a new language takes time and dedication. I particularly have encountered issues at work because, I need to make sales and negotiate with clients who are speakers of foreign language to secure contracts. My work involves regular contact with foreign language speakers then, being able to talk with them in their own language will help me communicate better with them. Knowledge of foreign language increases my chances of securing contracts for jobs. 

Some learn a new language for practical, aspirational, intellectual or even sentimental reasons however, having a clear idea of why you're learning a new language can help to motivate you in your studies. Some learn a new language for reasons such as emigration, in-laws family, friends, culture, study and research or even religion .

What is your reason for learning a new language?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

I've always wanted to learn a new language but two of my main reasons is for work and travel. First, there are more options and higher pay for some positions that are bilingual. Second, I want to eventually make documentaries in different countries and it would be great to be able to communicate. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

For additional job opportunities.

Posted 
    Feedback