We use cookies please follow the link for more information

The best way to learning a language is by 'Speaking'

Hobbit
Posts24Likes24Joined8/7/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Korean, Spanish

You may be struggling to learn English right now or which ever language you are trying to ace.

There is no shortcut in learning a language other than your native one, but you have to remember that if you want to learn other language you have to practice. The best way to practice, is to pronounce the words. Speak it out

By speaking, you got to exercise your jaw and tongue on how to pronounce the words; thus, making you comfortable to say it everyday. Try to talk to a native speaker if there is someone available. If no one is available to converse with, try to watch the videos on how they pronounce the words. 

Track your learning status, and be amazed with the results.

Edited 
Dwarf
Posts56Likes44Joined9/7/2018LocationDE
Native
German
Other English, Russian, Spanish, Tamil

Hello Lorwina Enriquez,

i totally agree with you! For me its the easiest to just talk and listen to natives. Not to sit in front of textbooks and just study them. 

harmony. 

Posted 
Ranger
Posts458Likes274Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Immersion is the best learning method I am guilty of studying and I read and write most languages well but struggle in person. Moving to a country without knowing the language forced the immersion and the text books never get it right every city has its own slang and colloquialism

Posted 
Ent
Posts835Likes505Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning Tagalog
Other Swahili, Thai

After establishing the basics on my own, I take 1 hour lessons, 100% in my target language, casual conversation only (no grammar drills or anything like that - I can do that on my own). I take notes during the lessons, and after the lesson I memorize most of the new words and structure I hear. I do this 5 times a week. Improvement is rapid, and the vocabulary and structure I learn are all based on conversation, not on books and such. It's a very effective method; I'll take conversation every time.

I'm reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Posted