SGP's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined10/12/2018Location
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona
Other Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Tagalog

The purpose of this log is writing down my personal learning progress on how to understand women even better, citing some sources on that, doing some revisions as well, etc. Because I really believe in the idea of life-long learning about All Things Communication, I already was thinking about starting a log like this for a little while. 

This log about documenting a particular person's learning progress :) is not about flirting and dating, nor about anything that addresses these matters. So even if a certain Very Generic article on how to understand any aspect of women's personalities [*] that I am currently learning about would be on a site on flirting or dating, I still wouldn't quote it here.

[*] This log isn't about any baseless generalizations either.

Edited

SGP = _____ _____ ____ (currently remixing my nickname)

My Youtube channel (EN, DE, ...)

Alpha Centauri Style Music (on Soundcloud)

Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona

Magandáng umaga: good morning.

Good/beautiful on its own would be magandá.

The root is gandá, beauty.

Some learning web sites could write it as "Magandáng umaga".

If these two underlines are for stress (emphasis), then I wonder what the difference between "a" and "á" is.

Or is the underline used for long vowels instead?

Returning a greeting can be done by repeating it and adding "sa iyó".

"sa" means "to" (as in "to you"). It also is used for several other meanings. Because prepositions don't always translate too well.

Posted

Native
German

A short time after I joined, I already realized that there really are many Tagalog speakers. They could even outnumber the (Non-Filipino) natives of English . Now I am considering to return to this very language. I only took a look at the 101 of the 101 before. In case I continue, would there be any difference between Standard Tagalog and what is actually spoken there? Some said that it isn't really the same (although similar), that's why I am asking.

Edited

Native
German

Hi everyone, hola, hamjambo, and konnichi wa.

My name is Benjamin, a native of German.

I speak some other languages as well.

The meaning of the nickname "SGP" is SomewhatGeekyPolyglot,

because that describes myself rather well, I'd say .

In order not to cause even the slightest wrong impression, there is also something I would like to add. While I do know the languages on my learning list (at their specific degree), I only (literally) speak some of them. There are others, too, that I simply could use for listening/writing/reading for now. So when I mentioned any degree, it usually is the average of these four abilities combined.

Also, there are some additional languages that I am learning (but currently not spending too much time on them). As long as they are below the A1 beginner's level even when it comes to reading/listening, I wouldn't include them in the list. Although whoever is interested in knowing them could ask.

Edited

Feedback