JoaoGrilo's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018LocationLisbon / PT
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

It depends. For example if you native language comes from Latin origins and you are trying to learn one that is also from that origin is much easier. But if you are English native and trying to learn arab is very hard.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

It depends the situation. If it is written and informal it's very useful. If formal, no sense in using it. When talking, it's very useful like ASAP.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

There are a lot actually. A lot of asiatic are gender neutral.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

I think it is key that you embrace the culture that language is used in. You will learn it faster and understand better.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

The easier way is to listen a bit of it and if you find interesent and useful, you can start learning

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Great share, and I probably mispronouced like 7 of those words ahah

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

I think it's better with contextualization because in that sense you can really understand the various meanings. That is why watching movies with subtitles in English helps so much.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Thanks for the sharing. It really helped me out!

Gave you a like

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Italian is very funny. But in english, for sure Scottish or some parts from England, like Newcastle.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Chill wrote:
Grammar is important. However, if one person who struggles with it was able to send the message across, then I think that'll do. Although I don't know how some are able to follow strict grammar rules and others can't. Is it something that is natural or acquired?

For sure that is something acquired!

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

For sure talking. Because talking suggests that you can understand what they are saying. So most of the times is better to talk than write.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Do fantasy/fictional languages count (Like Klingon, Elvish, Dothraki or Valyrian)? I think that with globalization and technology there are more chances to develop a common language influenced by technology.

For sure. There are many people who are into that. Obviously just to talk between them but it's always fun.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

It depends if you are talking with a native or not. If it is with a native, he will understand what you are trying to say but if its a foreign, all the proper grammer can mattter.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

I'm kinda new in English, but the "on, at, in", etc. for me are still consfusing.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Slang is very useful. But it all depends on the situation. 

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

I think that all kids around world should have at least another language as the level of their native. Even if you have the worldwide language (English) as native, there are other like portuguese that is spoken for more than 250M people in the world.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

I believe that all asiatic languages are hard, because if you are from any Latin Language native, it's really hard to learn everything again new.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

For sure. Even if you understand the language, I always use subtitles because you will learn something new. You can always learn some new accents, vocabulary, etc.

Posted
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

It depends, for example: English, most people learn it because it's the worldwide language, but there are other reasons. A lot of people learn other language because they would like to work in a specific country or they have family in a different country with a different language. There are dozens of different reasons to learn a new language.

Posted
Feedback