TemitopeAkinyede's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

Hi Kevwe,did you grow up speaking your language? Or like somewhere its spoken alot? .

I’m actually experiencing this and i kinda feel bad sometimes. People say its difficult at this age but i find that hard to believe. 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I like to start with mostly basic stuff, alphabets, greetings... Hi, hello, howre you?..then animals,fruits..

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

:smiley: I hope you get your revenge Leo. Maybe it was a good thing your paths crossed,she challenged you to learn and surpass her so that’s great

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Great post. Its just like some words in some languages that have the same spelling but different meanings

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I read somewhere recently that both actually means the same thing and also read somewhere else that one is oral and one is written. What’s the difference between both?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

This is actually amazing. I served in Cross River and they literally have more than 20 languages if not more in that state. Different villages,different languages.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Definitely adding to my vocab.:grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

This is something to try though, not sure how it would work for languages though but its worth a try i guess.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Short knicker 

Extreme end

Exclamated instead of Exclaimed :joy:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oh wow..:frowning:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Hi 

Is this possible? Also are there sign languages in other foreign languages and not English?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Michelle.Batan wrote:

Romeo Of East, West, South

Next: TRIAL

Tom Ryan Intentionally Asked Liam

Next: QWERTY

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I love watching movies too, Indian moviess..alot

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

i noticed i actually learn some words faster when i hear it in a song. for example "echame la culpa" by luis fonsi and Demi Lovato, Despacito also:grin:

I love that song!! “echame la culpa”, had to learn the lyrics.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I really get confused using “will” and “would”

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

I'm good at everything except for being humble about it.

:joy::joy:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

As long as its a language,it can be translated.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I have you friend in Russia who had to go through their language course for months (and then wrote an exam)before starting proper classes. 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Khadijah.Davis wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Who else loves Demi Lovato’s songs on here??:grin:

I remember her from the camp movie she did with Disney lol I haven't heard any of her new music. I'll definitely check her out!

Listen to “you don’t do it for me anymore”

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

edz.conde wrote:

Michelle.Batan wrote:

dragonsky wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

Eventually the fame became overwhelming

So she deiced to quit....

and then she found a..

man who will give her

all the money she needed...

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

She took this bold step...

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Mei wrote:

I usually get plenty of Japanese words learned from singing Japanese songs and watching Jdrama and animes. ^_^ I sometimes play my ukulele and sing Japanese anime songs with it. YAY!

I’d love you to share some Japanese songs.. i’d love to listen and learn 

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

Her career in film making...

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Join Our Incredible Rant

New:GATO

Gentlemen Always Take Over

New: CRUFF

Chris Really Understands Fire Fighters 

New: GLOUM

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

For reading, in Primary school(as we call it) there were textbooks with comprehensions and essays we had to read continuously each student assigned to each different paragraphs.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

These are actually everyday myths people believe and its so wrong

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Mai wrote:

This study is an interesting perspective on the presence and influence of the internet languages, and the exclusion of most of the languages in the world on the internet.

http://labs.theguardian.com/digital-language-divide/.

The Google search engine offers information in only 130 languages, while there are around 6000 languages in the world. The lack of standardized orthography in many languages makes it hard to include them on the internet. In addition, different cultures use different online platforms for different purposes of communication. It's a way to tap into the cultural values of the society. For example while Koreans use Twitter to reply to each other, Germans apparently use more URLs and hashtags. This deepens the digital divide to a degree, but to me it is a representation of a cultural value and how certain nations see the internet and its use.

Mark Graham from the Oxford Internet Institute says, "Rich countries largely get to define themselves and poor countries largely get defined by others.", This refers to the inequality of information on the internet and the lack of input under-developed or developing countries have on it.

Although many people use the internet and we find as a great source of study and information, I myself don't find this state so threatening as I believe the real knowledge comes out of real, direct experience. Not that you can go back in history and verify what Henry the 8th was doing while ruling, but the real, live experience in the city of his rulership for example, is way more enriching than an article on the web. What I am trying to say is that, we may as well not take the internet so seriously. Nor should minorities offend themselves for not having their language present on the internet. I will never undermine the benefit from learning about a certain culture in live visits, but I don't mind being introduced to the language for the first time when being there on spot. However, it may be hard for indigenous and native people and speakers to have their information crossed, for themselves and foreigners, when their language is not present to the wider audience/public, on the internet.

Many points are mentioned in this article that I can not touch upon, so I suggest that you look into it, and would greatly appreciate if you tell me your opinion and viewpoint, on the thing I myself gave an opinion.

Thank you!

P.s. This will probably be among my last posts, as I am being called to attend somewhere and commit a bit more to something else, so I'll be needing more of my time. It was a true joy meeting you and exchanging thoughts and attitudes with you! I still want to hear and engage in this last idea/topic I opened. All the best to all of you! I really enjoyed talking to you all

Awww, I’d definitely miss your contributions here.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

edz.conde wrote:

dragonsky wrote:

Flirty Lover Uniquely Making Pringle Fries

New: WORT

P.S. I want to make a word with X with i t..but I cna't think of any words that start with X....

edit:

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Human Emergency Rescue Organization!

(I want a calling card that says H.E.R.O. - Founding Member.)

Ha, I like this :D

Women Overjoyed Rarely Think

New: TLC

Tender Loving Care

NEW: FINE

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Rai.S. wrote:

Thank you Temitope. I'll take note of that. :)

You're welcome Rai.:slightly_smiling_face:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Odly Lunatic Grannies Acting

New: FIG

Figuratively Ignoring Girls

NEW: TILT

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

Teletransportation. I would love be able to visit any place I want.

Sammeee!!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Videos of Dr pimple popper popping pimples:grin:..weird right? I know.:blush:

Yeah me too, even if I am gagging at the same time I watch.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

dragonsky wrote:

Giant

Ogres

Roaring

Musically

Ha. I like that :D

New: RESR

Revealing 

Every

Secret

Reluctantly 

New: FENDY

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

dragonsky wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

edz.conde wrote:

Game of Thrones... and Prison Break... :heart_eyes:

Another season of GOT is due next year right?

Yup, and it's going to be the last one...

buuut...since money rules the world..there will be a prequel series on HBO coming out in 20220...or something like that

oh really,nicee

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

I recently got on the “no carbs” and OMAD diet. Really hasnt been easy seeing most of the food in this part of the world are mostly carbs but i really want to see results. Any advice?

My dear,when I found out last year that i was weighing 78kg I new I had to make a change in my lifestyle and knowing how much I love food,I decided to find a plan that works for me. I completely cut out fizzy drinks,ate smaller portions and worked out 5 times a week. I'm currently weighing 66kg and have managed to keep the weight off for a year now. And I drink lots of water too.

So my advice is,find what works out for you and that you can stick with in the long term. For a healthy lifestyle,consistency is key.

Thanks dear. Did you work out in the gym or at home?

At home. Got a lot of vidoes from YouTube. Check out popsugar fitness,fitness blender and superhero fitness.

Thanks alot. Really helpful!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

I recently got on the “no carbs” and OMAD diet. Really hasnt been easy seeing most of the food in this part of the world are mostly carbs but i really want to see results. Any advice?

My dear,when I found out last year that i was weighing 78kg I new I had to make a change in my lifestyle and knowing how much I love food,I decided to find a plan that works for me. I completely cut out fizzy drinks,ate smaller portions and worked out 5 times a week. I'm currently weighing 66kg and have managed to keep the weight off for a year now. And I drink lots of water too.

So my advice is,find what works out for you and that you can stick with in the long term. For a healthy lifestyle,consistency is key.

Thanks dear. Did you work out in the gym or at home?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

When we were little, I shared a room with my older brothers.... One night they decided it was a good idea to prank me, they told me a story about a dead laborer that died during the construction of my house and was buried near the foundations (a lie). Then they recorded a tape saying "I'm the dead laborer" with a spooky voice and they played it while they were "sleeping", I think I've never runned as fast as that night -.-

:joy::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

TaylorFabio wrote:

I don't remember details because I was extremely young. My family and I were over someones house to swim. I was in like a boat thing with another kid. The boat flipped over and I was too young to swim so I was drowning. It felt like forever until someone realized and jumped in to save me.

Wow, can imagine how scared you must’ve been!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I had an accident trying to get to my brother across the road, was so happy to see him i didnt pay attention to cars around me. My mum was terrified!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

edz.conde wrote:

Game of Thrones... and Prison Break... :heart_eyes:

Another season of GOT is due next year right?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Any chicago fire lover on here?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

EricJohn.Opao wrote:

Hey guys, I want to binge watch a good series. Any recommendation? Could be anything from old to new as long as it's great lol. Any genre would suffice. Thanks!

The good doctor!!! OMG its awesome!!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I love singing and dancing. I also love travelling but I don’t do much of it. I wish i could travel the world as a job.:grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Videos of Dr pimple popper popping pimples:grin:..weird right? I know.:blush:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Rare Echoes Sing Tales

New: BART

Boys Are Really Tiring. 

New: VENT

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I would love to read people’s minds.. to know what they think but can’t say:grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Text:

No eres tú, no eres tú, no eres tú, soy yo

No te quiero hacer sufrir

Es mejor olvidar y dejarlo así

Échame la culpa

I will record this one later :)

Please dooo, i would love to listen.:grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Text:

Échame la culpa

Here it is! You need to get used to how Spanish vowels sound like, you read them like English vowels hehe. Practice a lot your your "R" and your "J", get used to the vowels and you'll improve a lot! :)

Thank you Jess. I knew it sounded awkward lol

Working on it though :grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

meifeng wrote:

If you have a Macbook, it's possible to add these languages, then you'll be able to input these languages. I don't know about @leosmith input methods, but I use hanyu pinyin to generate Chinese characters, and for Thai, you can show a Thai keyboard on Macs as well.

i’d heard about pinyin, is it different from bopomofo? 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

This is correct, I tend to merge French and Spanish atimes. It actually sometimes confuses me, does this happen to anyone?

It depends, if you are with someone who understands you, it's awesome :D... If not, it is quite frustrating... I tend to forget some words, so sometimes I have to reformulate my sentences instead of telling them in another language @.@

I reformulate my words and sentences a lot too lol even in English. Good to know people do that too :blush:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

It has to do with the country:

Español - España

Spanish - Spain

Alemán - Alemania

German - Germany

Deutsch (I believe) - Deutschland

ohhh España means Spain..

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Michelle.Batan wrote:

In the olden days, being a couple in the Philippines was a big deal. The man would have to prove himself worthy of the womans affection before any sort of intimate relationship (so much as holding each others hands) is permitted by the parents. We also have what we called panghaharana or serenading. It is actually related to the old Filipino tradition of courtship. This where a woman is supposed to look out the window only after several nights of being serenaded by the man, then the man usually brings along some of his friends to play the guitar or any other accompanying instruments while he sings. And it would take several months or years before they engage in a mutual relationship. lol

Aww, so much for showing affection. Lol

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I’d like an explanation,i’ve never really understood why?, does it mean the same thing?and are there other names for other languages?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I think ”you got” is used for the past and ”you’ve got” for the present.

I stand to be corrected though.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

edz.conde wrote:

I just created a personal blog a couple of days ago and I'm on the process of developing my page. I decided to post at least one blog a day, do you think it's enough to get my blog working? Or do you have any tip for a first-time blogger like me?

Hi, how's your blog going? Would love a link to view.:slightly_smiling_face:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Music is my own solution, I love music and I listen everyday, so I download song in foreign languages, search for the lyrics, sing along and learn. :grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes when I feel like this, I try to learn through a channel that I love, music..i don't get tired of listening to music so I download some Spanish songs and search for the lyrics and sing along, that way I learn almost everyday. 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

The African language I speak, ”Yoruba” has several words with the same spelling but different meanings. The meaning actually depends on how it is pronounced (accent). Like Okò is husband and Oko is bush. Accent is really very important 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

This is correct, I tend to merge French and Spanish atimes. It actually sometimes confuses me, does this happen to anyone?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

This is really helpful, thank you

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Ari wrote:

Oghenekevwe wrote:

But is language supposed to change how a bird sounds? Or do you mean "how bird sounds are called in different languages"?

I believe he is referring to the way a speaker of certain language will imitate the sound of a bird. For Spanish this is correct, pio pio is the sound for chicks. There is a famous song called Los Pollitos, and the song says that the chicks say pio pio pio when they are hungry, when they are cold......

Oh I see, in that case when a fowl crows we call it as it sounds to us"Kukurukoooo"

Thanks Ari

Actually thought of the “kukuruku” sound but it like... is that a language :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Who else is learning tongue twisters in their target language? Mine is spanish and i’m currently learning this.

Pepe Peña pela papa, pica piña, pita un pito, pica piña, pela papa, Pepe Peña.

Pepe Peña peels potatoes, cuts pineapple, blows a whistle, cuts pineapple, peels potatoes, Pepe Peña.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

I don't have a favorite, but Chinese is the most complicated/interesting imo:

漢字很漂亮。

Thai is also quite beautiful:

การเขียนภาษาไทยสวยมาก

Is there a keypad for this? Or how do you type languages that come shapes?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Any indian in the house? Haven’t come across anyone.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

Recording

https://vocaroo.com/i/s15YU6YNEwIz

Text

¡Hola todos! Me llamo Leo, y estoy aquí porque yo quiero cantar algo para ustedes:

No me moleste mosquito

No me hagas ruido mosquito

Ya no me piques mosquito

Me voy a dormir

No me moleste mosquito

No me hagas ruido mosquito

Ya no me piques mosquito

¡Me voy a soñar!

!Muchas Gracias!

Lol, is this a song about mosquitoes?

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

Recording

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0gJFS2xuup3

Text

我说汉语的时候我觉得有一点难听因为我的发音很不好。可是,我现在在学习韩语。韩语比较容易也看韩语比较容易。如果你(听得都...)听得懂我口语,我会很高兴。谢谢你。

(English translation: When I speak Chinese I think (lit feel) it sounds a little bad (lit hard to listen to) because my pronunciation is really bad. But, now I'm studying Korean. Korean is easier and reading Korean is easier. If you understand what I'm saying (lit my spoken language), I'll be very happy. Thank you.)

This is awesooommmmeeeee!!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Currently at work and decided to try. Will definitely say something longer as soon as i’m home.:grin:

Text: 

Échame la culpa

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Lool does this really exist? :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

I should go google what birds speak

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

It is a widely known and increasingly well-explored fact that accent has an impact on how an individual is perceived by others, and therefore on the way in which others treat them. Have you ever been judged by your accents or language?.

For example is it presumed that french speakers are romantic. 

(edit - please don't copy/paste things without citing the article)

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

Accent? Tongue twist? Shape of mouth? 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

I would love to learn the language of the dothraki from GOT and also the Wakandans:grinning:

lol, i always wished they were real tho..they sounded soo...:heart_eyes:

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

No language is ugly really.. the only thing you can say is probably a language sounding funny..and this can mostly happen when the speaker isn’t speaking properly or doesn’t have the right accent. The fact that someone doesn’t understand a language doesn’t make it ugly. In these cases,it comes to me as “funny” not ugly.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I think going through the stages one by one not only encourages you but shows you how good you’re doing while reviewing your progress.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Try movies.. while watching.. pause and repeat(mimic). Or audio files. 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Would you be surprised if i told you some learners actually belong to multiple categories? Like some possess fractures of two or more categories. 

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

That’s like multitasking the brain! Lol, Its really awesome :clap::skin-tone-3: 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I’d pick option 1. I have google,books. Having people speak a different language around me for one will push me to learn harder to be able to communicate.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I’ve heard this a couple times.. what do you think?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I started using dualingo to learn spanish for a while, i invested time in it at the basic level. I took a long break because of work, months to be precise, i recently downloaded it and it continued from where i stopped previously and honestly all i learnt kept coming back as soon as i saw them.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Ari wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Ari wrote:

Me facinaria it a España algún día y visitar La Sagrada Familia! Lo otro que quisiera hacer allá es comer. Creo que tienen una de las gastronomias más ricas del mundo.

igual que aquí. También me encantaría. Tuve que usar el traductor de google para esto, espero que lo haya entendido bien?

Lo entendí perfecto!

Sólo estoy esperando que mis hijas crezcan un poco más para que puedan apreciar un viaje por Europa. Toda la cultura, la arquitectura y la gastronomía, creo que es una experiencia inigualable y se pueden crear muchas memorias.

(editado - no escribes ingles aqui profavor)

increíble. Nunca he estado fuera de mi país, Nigeria, pero me encantaría viajar por el mundo y, si es posible, tomarlo como un trabajo completo. ¿Aprendiste español o es tu idioma?

Español es mi idioma nativo.

Debes hacerlo una meta, viajar es muy interesante, hace que cambies de manera de pensar y te ayuda a aprender mucho.

Realmente espero que puedas conseguir el trabajo que te ayude a cumplir está meta.

Por mientras deberías empezar por tomarte unas vacaciones a algún destino para que vayas empezando a conocer otros países.

Saludos!!!!

Gracias amigo. He comenzado a aprender a través de duolingo para empezar. Viajaría tan pronto como me lo pueda permitir.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

We used to have a Nigerian neighbor. At least, the other neighbors claimed he was Nigerian. Sometimes you could hear him having loud arguments with his Filipina girlfriend. He had this way of speaking that was like listening to someone play major fifths on a piano. :slightly_smiling_face:

:rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Mel.Palogan wrote:

I like listening to foreign songs and try to figure out what they mean lol.

Just like i’ve seriously Been trying to sing despacito. Lol

Karaoke is good for this purpose.

Thank youu. This helps alot:smiley:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Oghenekevwe wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Who elses loves the African Accent?:grin:

I do like the accent that Chadwick Boseman uses as the Black Panther. It's the Xhosa accent, isn't it? Real nice.

I also used to have a friend from Zimbabwe, and she had a real nice accent. Nigerian is interesting to listen to, but doesn't really click with me.

I’m Nigerian was :grin:. Our accent is quite plain..

No it isn't, our accent is actually interesting and considering how diverse it is, makes it all the more interesting. It's a compliment,accept it.

I actually wasn’t saying its not interesting. Only saying its plain enough to click with him.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Phillip.Laplana wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

I do like the accent that Chadwick Boseman uses as the Black Panther. It's the Xhosa accent, isn't it? Real nice.

I also used to have a friend from Zimbabwe, and she had a real nice accent. Nigerian is interesting to listen to, but doesn't really click with me.

I’m Nigerian was :grin:. Our accent is quite plain.. 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Mel.Palogan wrote:

I like listening to foreign songs and try to figure out what they mean lol.

Just like i’ve seriously Been trying to sing despacito. Lol

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

Why is an electrical outlet called an outlet when you plug things into it? Shouldn’t it be called an inlet?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why’s it still #2?

Why is it that when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why isn’t 11 pronounced “onety-one”?

This is so funny :laughing: 

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Who else loves Demi Lovato’s songs on here??:grin:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Ari wrote:

Me facinaria it a España algún día y visitar La Sagrada Familia! Lo otro que quisiera hacer allá es comer. Creo que tienen una de las gastronomias más ricas del mundo.

igual que aquí. También me encantaría. Tuve que usar el traductor de google para esto, espero que lo haya entendido bien?

Lo entendí perfecto!

Sólo estoy esperando que mis hijas crezcan un poco más para que puedan apreciar un viaje por Europa. Toda la cultura, la arquitectura y la gastronomía, creo que es una experiencia inigualable y se pueden crear muchas memorias.

(editado - no escribes ingles aqui profavor)

increíble. Nunca he estado fuera de mi país, Nigeria, pero me encantaría viajar por el mundo y, si es posible, tomarlo como un trabajo completo. ¿Aprendiste español o es tu idioma?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

Mi vista en la mañana...qué bonita

Esto es hermoso!!!!

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Smartchiny wrote:

Salut, j'aime ce fil et bien que je ne sois pas très bon en français écrit, c'est un bon moyen de commencer à apprendre la communication. Comment avez-vous pratiqué les mots que vous apprenez avec l'outil de lecture?

bonjour, ravie de vous rencontrer, je suis en train d'apprendre. Google Translate aide aussi.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I just heard the Irish accent if that’s what its called and i fell in loveee.. they sounded like they were singing though.lol

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Ari wrote:

Another good one here

(edit - please use the youtube function)

What language is this?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

Can it be taken as a full time job? What do you think?

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

leosmith wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has tried translating with the voice app(the one that requires you talking). How efficient is it? Does it recognize accents too?

Are you talking about this:

Something like this, always thought twas an app though. 

Edited
Native
English
Learning French

Doreen.Paurnia wrote:

TemitopeAkinyede wrote:

Hi, so i was studying about languages and found somewhere on the internet that there are some quirky side effects of learning a foreign language. The ones that got me are;

1. Your First Language Changes

2.You Empathize with English Language Learners.

What do you think? Is this true?

*Please add more if you think it is.

I’m from the philippines and learned speaking mandarin when I worked in taiwan. And there’s a time my filipino friends called me I automatically replied “Ni Hao” instead of Saying “Hello, kumusta”. The first statement applies to me. :smile:

:joy:

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

meifeng wrote:

Is it like... 5 RMB? :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

I'd like to see someone else use it, and ask something out of script.

Posted
Native
English
Learning French

I was wondering if anyone has tried translating with the voice app(the one that requires you talking). How efficient is it? Does it recognize accents too?

Posted
Feedback