Sourabh.Kumar's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018Location

July - September, because it's neither too hot nor too cold. I can go and meet my friends and play some outdoor sports else weather would be extreme.

Edited

Aileen.Cortes wrote:
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies Wake up every two hours?
If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
Do you cry under water?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why does your Obstetrician, Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway ?
Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream ??
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (This one kills me !!!!)
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from ?
:joy::joy::joy:

I literally laughed out loud  

Posted

leosmith wrote:
CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Wikipedia summarizes the levels very well, but here's a quick reference:
A1 = lower basic
A2 = upper basic
B1 = lower intermediate
B2 = upper intermediate
C1 = lower advance
C2 = upper advanced
I think most people consider B2 and above to be fluent, but again, it depends on who you talk to.

Very Informative, Today I learnt there's something exists that measures language fluency.

Posted

Hi Leosmith, now I am able to view my profile. By the way I was clicking on drop down located at top right then view profile.

Posted

Whenever I try to view my profile it throws me 404 error. Please find below screenshot for the error.

Posted

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. 

Posted

I don't think learning a new language should stop because it opens up your mind to whole new level and also helps in self improvement.

Moreover, Technology always comes hand in hand with health issues, using those devices near to head more often will affect our brain with the heat radiation that it will emit.

Posted

My home is in India. apart from that i have visited Australia. It's an awesome place. <3

Posted

When I was in school, I was facing the same problem "Fear of speaking english in front of others". So, He gave me an advice to practice in front of mirror, that is how I overcame the fear. 

Posted

That is how i learnt english..

Posted

To learn about the new cultures, poetry , job opportunities etc.

Posted

Fluent in four namely Hindi, English, Punjabi and Angika. I can also understand little bit of marathi.

Posted

When I start learning a new language i mainly focus on phonetics of the words because there are some words which can change whole meaning of your sentence wrong pronunciation. 

Here comes the second part of the question, What motivates me?

Whenever, I start learning a new language behind there must be reason like a new job opportunity, native poetry or novels. sometimes it happens that I am watching some TV show to understand it. Looking at subtitles while watching your favourite show is real pain :(

Posted

Japanese, I watch anime alot and it's hard to find dubbed version of all the episodes of an anime.

Posted

Michelle.Batan wrote:
your life maybe?

Posted

Mathematics may be, because It's hard to understand (for me). 

Posted

I will go with English language because it is widely spoken language and i can communicate to anyone around the world.

Posted

Interesting story. I hope the Angry girl will meet you somewhere and would like to read the next part of the story.

Posted

Hello, I am from India. I am fluent in Hindi, English, Punjabi and Angika languages.I would like to meet new people and stay connected with them discussing about the cultures and many more interesting topics.

Posted

Welcome aileen!

Posted

Trying to learn spanish, difficulty facing is pronunciation :(.

Posted

India has many spoken language but I know only hindi, I'll tell you how we speak above words in hindi:

Please = Kripya

Thank you = Dhanyawad

Edited

Easiest language to learn, for me it was my mother tongue Hindi, the reason being for that i found many people around me to teach me, everyone was teacher for me. 

Posted

What five new words did you learn today?

I learned these words today:

1. Nonversation :- A conversation that seems meaningless or ridiculous.

2. Halcyon :- Peaceful, happy

3. Speculate :- Form a theory on something without a firm knowledge

4. Ornery :- Difficult to deal with

5. Bawl :- Weep or Cry noisily

Posted

1. English

2. Spanish

3. Find people who also has same learning goal as you, so you can practice more.

Posted

I have set my display name. But the pop up for setting display name is keep on coming on every page to set my display name. Please find the attached screen-shot for reference.

Posted

Yes, Even I have seen these differences. In India, most spoken language is Hindi but you can find much differences the way they pronounce a word. In fact, you will find different meaning of same word like bebe in punjabi means Mother but in some parts of India it means sister.

Posted

Just a suggestion, If you can include the edit buttons for different profile info in front of the details instead keeping a new page, it will be easier for user to update the necessary details. As of now i have to go away from my details page to update the details.

Posted

Learning a new language means adopting to a new culture

Edited
Feedback