Viki Learn

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Has anyone tried using this site? It looks pretty interesting and it was recommended by a friend. It's limited to US and Canada though which sucks for me.

https://welcome.learn.viki.com/

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I used viki a lot in the US. There is a "learn" mode for dramas, which is really cool. You can look up words by clicking the subtitles, and see both English and Korean subtitles at the same time for Korean dramas, for example. I haven't used it systematically for my studies; haven't thought through exactly what I'd want to do with it. But the technology is nice.

That being said, I haven't actually used the "viki learn" page. It looks like it does more than what I mentioned, so may be worth my investigation. I'm in Thailand now so I can't see it. Also, viki is very limited in languages. I think it's just Korean and Chinese, with a few samples from a handful of other languages.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

sad T_T

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Edited 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

@Leo - I watch a lot of dramas so it wou'd've been interesting to see ho wit can help me learn through that. Too bad it's not available here.

@Michelle - Right?! A lot of Filipinos are into KDramas and this would've been awesome.

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

ikaymoreno wrote:
@Michelle - Right?! A lot of Filipinos are into KDramas and this would've been awesome.

Can you even see material on vikitv? It's country restricted in Korea and Thailand, and I imagine for you guys too. Another answer is VPN.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Checked it just now and I can. Is this like a streaming site? I'm working now and can't really stream stuff.

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

ikaymoreno wrote:
Is this like a streaming site?

Yes

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Interesting. :) I mostly watch dramas these days from Netflix. That and torrents. I'll try this and see how it's linked to learning Korean. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
    Feedback