Free movies on YouTube

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Just saw this online and thought this ought to stop people from pirating. That and it's bound to hurt streaming services. The ads might suck but if you're willing to pay for YouTube subscription, even that's solved.

I currently have Netflix and have no plans of paying for YouTube Red. This might change my mind though. :)

Link: https://www.techradar.com/news/youtube-has-started-adding-free-ad-supported-movies

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks for sharing that. I hope that in the end it improves the availability/searcheability of language specific movies and TV shows. I'm pretty spoiled by a combination of Netfilx and Viki now, and I'd hate to seem them go under to Google/Youtube unless the latter does an equal or better job. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

What bothers me with subscription services is how some great stuff is locked per region. I like watching a lot of foreign films -- especially indie-ish ones -- and since I don't use a VPN, a lot of that isn't available to me. Even the anime selection for my region is pretty limited. One of my favorite YouTubers made a video about hidden Netflix animes and not one was available in my region.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

I know what you mean. I tried Crunchyroll's premium free trial specifically to watch a certain show and it wasn't available in my region. I tried a VPN workaround but that only worked once. Cancelled my premium free trial within 30 minutes. :P

Then there was the time I was watching a series on Netflix while I was in India. It was very engaging! Then the day I flew home, I couldn't watch it anymore. Darn region restrictions!

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I did the exact same thing with Crunchyroll! I signed up to watch My Hero Academia then found out it's region locked. Didn't log in again after that. :P

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I'm thinking I need to just break down and subscribe to a high quality VPN or Smart DNS and stop messing around. A long time ago I used a Proxy service, which was pretty nice, but also pretty unstable.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I can't VPN since a lot of the online games I play doesn't allow it. That and Netflix seems to be blacklisting VPN IPs too. Meh.

--

ikay

Posted 
    Feedback