Post your hangover cures!

Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

The holidays is fast approaching and I am excited as I can be. One thing that's part of the holidays (at least in my part of the world) is alcohol. I'm curious tho on how people from different cultures cure their hangovers lol. This is what I normally do:

quick shower

1 paracetamol

lots of water or Gatorade

a nice sandwich

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

I wish I could share something, but I dont drink..lol

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

I'll start with a nice bowl of noodle soup. Preferably La Paz Batchoy. That will taste so good and fatty and the high sodium content will assist in my re-hydration.

Then I toss back a couple of glasses of water. Then I have some more batchoy (because it's just yummy). Then I nurse a bottle of milk tea for the rest of the day.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

I don't drink but I give a my roommates activated charcoal pills for their hangovers. Green tea and lots of water as well. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
I'll start with a nice bowl of noodle soup. Preferably La Paz Batchoy. That will taste so good and fatty and the high sodium content will assist in my re-hydration.
Then I toss back a couple of glasses of water. Then I have some more batchoy (because it's just yummy). Then I nurse a bottle of milk tea for the rest of the day.

This sound sooooo good!! Part of my cure was to dance a lot (if possible) before going home, at home I usually ate something and drank a lot of water + a pill for the headache :)

Edited 
Native
Tagalog

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Phillip.Laplana wrote:

This sound sooooo good!! Part of my cure was to dance a lot (if possible) before going home, at home I usually ate something and drank a lot of water + a pill for the headache :)

Oh! You know what also seems to work? Drinking a lot of water before you pass out. If you can manage it. Hahaha. I know there's lots of things I would love to do before passing out drunk. :3

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Phillip.Laplana wrote:

Oh! You know what also seems to work? Drinking a lot of water before you pass out. If you can manage it. Hahaha. I know there's lots of things I would love to do before passing out drunk. :3

Yes!! It works :D:D.... but a bowl of noodles is always a good choice!!

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Awww man, I would love a bowl of noodles right now. Shin Ramyeon Mushroom flavor with an egg in it, and some kimchi on the side. omg. so good.... so good...

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Berocca works for me. I still go for a bowl of hot soup though since I;m used to having that after drinking. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

I don't drink at all. But I've read an article that a spoon of honey can cure or very helpful in relieving hangover. :)

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Lots of water when you get home and a greasy breakfast.

Posted 
    Feedback