What has been your worst online shopping experience?

Posts0Likes0Joined7/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

What has been your worst online shopping experience.

I bought this amazing dress i intended to wear on Christmas eve but on arrival it was horrible. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Jackiya01 wrote:
What has been your worst online shopping experience.
I bought this amazing dress i intended to wear on Christmas eve but on arrival it was horrible.

I don't buy clothes or shoes online. It's a 50/50 chance of being horrible or not fitting well so I still go to the mall for those. I shop online a lot but only buy from authorized brand sellers or official stores.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

So far, I haven't experience any bad things shopping online. I always check review first. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I bought a satin bonnet one time for my kinky hair, by the time it got to me, it was torn and looked way different from what I saw online. I just took it cos I didn't feel like having to go through the long process of returning it or getting a refund. I'll never buy dresses online,lesson learned.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

I once bought a Lenovo phone online from a reputable website. The seller neglected to mention that the unit was manufactured in China for the Chinese market. So when I got my Lenovo everything was in Chinese, so I had to go to YouTube to change the system language to English. Then the YouTube app would not work. Google Play would not work right. It was pre-loaded with unwanted, un-removable apps like the Baidu search engine and other things that took up precious space. It was the least pleasant unboxing experience I've had so far. *sigh* Still, I really liked that phone. Even if the audio output through the headphones sucked, the phone was reasonably good to me, and it was a nice android after all.

A year later I got a Zenfone 2 and suddenly life was all rainbows and unicorns. ^__^

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationJonestown / US
Native
English
Learning Italian, Spanish

Personally, I prefer to buy clothes in the store where I can try them on. I have heard way too many horror stories about clothes people order from on-line and how it just is not what they expected. I have ordered other items from online but they mostly turned out just fine.

Taylor Fabio

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I like online shopping for toys, specially for the holidays to avoid lines. I agree I prefer to shop for clothes and shoes in person to make sure I like them and that they fit right.  

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

So far, I haven't had a very bad experience in my online shopping except for my latest order which arrived late than I expected. I also don't order clothes online because I want to fit them first before buying. I only ordered fish eye cctv, sofa cover, and some household things online. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationManila / PH
Other English, Japanese, Korean

I have a lot! Guess I never Learned  

I bought this laptop table which looks very sturdy and boasted it can carry up to 25kg but when I finally got it and put my laptop on it, its legs became woobly lol. 

And also the nice dresses worn by korean models. I bought one and it's obviously different from the one on the picture. It's kind of the same, like they copied the color and the style but it's really not exactly the same. I think they made the dress themselves and got the inspiration from those pictures they get from the internet lol. 

mismei

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
I once bought a Lenovo phone online from a reputable website. The seller neglected to mention that the unit was manufactured in China for the Chinese market. So when I got my Lenovo everything was in Chinese, so I had to go to YouTube to change the system language to English. Then the YouTube app would not work. Google Play would not work right. It was pre-loaded with unwanted, un-removable apps like the Baidu search engine and other things that took up precious space. It was the least pleasant unboxing experience I've had so far. *sigh* Still, I really liked that phone. Even if the audio output through the headphones sucked, the phone was reasonably good to me, and it was a nice android after all.
A year later I got a Zenfone 2 and suddenly life was all rainbows and unicorns. ^__^

So sorry this must have been so disappointing. 

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

maebrizuela wrote:
I have a lot! Guess I never Learned :sweat_smile:
I bought this laptop table which looks very sturdy and boasted it can carry up to 25kg but when I finally got it and put my laptop on it, its legs became woobly lol.
And also the nice dresses worn by korean models. I bought one and it's obviously different from the one on the picture. It's kind of the same, like they copied the color and the style but it's really not exactly the same. I think they made the dress themselves and got the inspiration from those pictures they get from the internet lol.

sorry for your experience. Hard lessons , don't trust online shopping. 

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

edz.conde wrote:
So far, I haven't had a very bad experience in my online shopping except for my latest order which arrived late than I expected. I also don't order clothes online because I want to fit them first before buying. I only ordered fish eye cctv, sofa cover, and some household things online.

I learnt the hard way. Lucky you !!

Posted 
Native
English, Swahili
Other German

Ari wrote:
I like online shopping for toys, specially for the holidays to avoid lines. I agree I prefer to shop for clothes and shoes in person to make sure I like them and that they fit right.

Following suit. It is more convenient for things like toys

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationManila / PH
Other English, Japanese, Korean

Jackiya01 wrote:
maebrizuela wrote:
I have a lot! Guess I never Learned :sweat_smile:

sorry for your experience. Hard lessons , don't trust online shopping.

Yeah.but everything looked so nice online!  

mismei

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I recently bough gardening stuff online -- cactus compost and cacti. The compost was great but some of the cacti I got were sick and yellowish. Of the 6 I bought, 2 died because they rotted. So now, I still buy my compost online but no longer have plans of buying plants online.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

My wife once bought an ab machine as a gift for my birthday. I noticed that the item looked kinda old when I first opened the package but I was like "ok whatever". I tried using it for a couple of minutes and I heard a loud *snap*. We called Customer Service and they said that it was my fault because it broke while I was using it lol.. I remember being so mad at the dude

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Mel.Palogan wrote:
My wife once bought an ab machine as a gift for my birthday. I noticed that the item looked kinda old when I first opened the package but I was like "ok whatever". I tried using it for a couple of minutes and I heard a loud *snap*. We called Customer Service and they said that it was my fault because it broke while I was using it lol.. I remember being so mad at the dude

That's horrible. And I can't believe they had such a lousy return policy (though poor customer care doesn't surprise me anymore). Where'd she buy it from?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

I don't buy too many things online but when I do I use well known sites or sites my friends recommend.

For example I never bought something from a cheap site that sells knockoffs or stuff like that cause I know I'm bound to have a bad experience with a site like that.

But most of the sites these days are really helpful with customer support and stuff like that. So if you don't get the item in time they can resend it or refund you the money.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I recently bought a toy online but it had some missing pieces when I got it. I filed a complaint and they refunded me within a week.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/12/2018Location
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona
Other Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Tagalog

Among my worst shopping experiences (though I don't make a big deal of them): Customer services not responding to the most basic questions, thus I didn't buy anything.

They call Germany a "Servicewüste", i.e. desert of service...

I personally really like living here. But I keep wondering why so many of those customer service employees don't do any real long-term thinking.

SGP = _____ _____ ____ (currently remixing my nickname)

My Youtube channel (EN, DE, ...)

Alpha Centauri Style Music (on Soundcloud)

Edited 
    Feedback