Books to Movies Adaptations

Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

What are your favorite books to movies adaptations? Here are some of mine.

1. Harry Potter Series: I think towards the end, the tone of the movies were so different from the books but to this day, I love both mediums.

2. Never Let Me Go: I've always wanted to read the book but felt that it was one of those books that are a bit too smart for me. Seeing this beautiful film finally made me read it. Just...amazing.

3. Game of Thrones: This isn't exactly a movie but wow. What an adaptation. :) I can't not include it.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

LOR, of course.  

To be honest though, every time I read a book before seeing the movie I'm disappointed in the movie. I won't watch GOT because I'm waiting to finish the books first. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I loved reading Harry Potter so much I decided I was never going to see the movie cos I believed it was going to be watered down. 

Lord of the rings, I never got to read the book but I'm about to.

Fifty shades of grey was also watered down in my opinion.

Maybe it's cos I just love reading books, but most of the books I've read, the movie adaption has been disappointing for me.

Lastly, as for GOT, I have to say the producers of the series did an AMAZING JOB!!! Waiting for the season finale :grinning:

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationWien / AT
Native
French, German
Other Arabic - Standard, Japanese, Chinese - Cantonese

I this starship troopers as a movie was better than the book. I also really liked the Shining with jack Nicholson 

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Alex.M wrote:
I this starship troopers as a movie was better than the book

Never read the book, but loved the movie. It's interesting because I saw that one in the theater with a guy who had read the book, and he was disappointed, haha.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationManila / PH
Other English, Japanese, Korean

I'm a fan of Percy Jackson books. But the movie adaptations.... nah. I don't know. Or maybe I was expecting too much. Hunger Games is okay for me :)

mismei

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

leosmith wrote:
LOR, of course. :sweat_smile:
To be honest though, every time I read a book before seeing the movie I'm disappointed in the movie. I won't watch GOT because I'm waiting to finish the books first.

I tried reading the books but it wasn't for me. :( I got The Hobbit and couldn't get past the first 100 pages.

--

ikay

Edited 
    Feedback