Self-development activities

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Four months ago I joined a choral group in our company, and I'm really glad to have known the proper breathing, phrasing and all, because of our regular practices. I'm grateful also that at my age I was able to do this thing and I considered it a development for myself. 

How about you, do you have any suggestion on self-development activities aside from learning new languages?

Edzky-18

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

I was part of a choir 8 years ago and I miss it so much! I had to leave it because of my studies :(. Is such a wonderful activity, you learn how to breathe and it is so relaxing!

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

I was part of a choir 8 years ago and I miss it so much! I had to leave it because of my studies :(. Is such a wonderful activity, you learn how to breathe and it is so relaxing!

Oh, you need to go back then if you miss it that much. It is indeed very relaxing and can wipe away your stress like a pro. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

The only self development activity that I do these days is reading books about positive thinking, metaphysics, and everything related to controlling your thoughts. I used to be a group of a running group. But I am pretty busy. I think that when my younger one goes to school I will try to find something like qigong or tai chi, pottery maybe martial arts. I am not sure.

-Ari-

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

edz.conde wrote:

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Oh, you need to go back then if you miss it that much. It is indeed very relaxing and can wipe away your stress like a pro.

Yessss! I know, I should go back but the rehersals are too late :(

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Ari wrote:

The only self development activity that I do these days is reading books about positive thinking, metaphysics, and everything related to controlling your thoughts. I used to be a group of a running group. But I am pretty busy. I think that when my younger one goes to school I will try to find something like qigong or tai chi, pottery maybe martial arts. I am not sure.

My uncle teaches Tai chi in my country, I saw his change from student to teacher and it was clear how this activity made him grow to become a better person. He also does qigong and it is cool how everything is conected to make you feel better. So, go for it! I bet they will give you so much peace.

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Ari wrote:

My uncle teaches Tai chi in my country, I saw his change from student to teacher and it was clear how this activity made him grow to become a better person. He also does qigong and it is cool how everything is conected to make you feel better. So, go for it! I bet they will give you so much peace.

Yes, I have done some qigong exercises from YouTube and man it's crazy how you actually feel more energized.

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Reading any topic that interests me. Reading topics on how I can build muscle and not be bored with my current work out program haha! I am into attending seminars regarding personal development, leadership, financials, etc.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

Reading any topic that interests me. Reading topics on how I can build muscle and not be bored with my current work out program haha! I am into attending seminars regarding personal development, leadership, financials, etc.

Oh I miss reading a book. It has been a while when I last read one. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

I guess reading books is my main one. Especially those aimed at educating on how to improve your lifestyle, habits, thinking, social interactions and such. I also used to be part of a group sometimes ago that dealt with musical instruments, but I kind of 'dropped out'. I used to train playing violin.

I love my pets.
Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Ckaranja wrote:

I guess reading books is my main one. Especially those aimed at educating on how to improve your lifestyle, habits, thinking, social interactions and such. I also used to be part of a group sometimes ago that dealt with musical instruments, but I kind of 'dropped out'. I used to train playing violin.

Learning how to play a guitar is included in my bucket list. I want to pursue that side by side with my eldest learning the same. I want my children to know how to play at least one musical instrument. :blush:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/10/2018LocationNairobi / KE
Native
English, Swahili
Learning Spanish

edz.conde wrote:
Ckaranja wrote:

Learning how to play a guitar is included in my bucket list. I want to pursue that side by side with my eldest learning the same. I want my children to know how to play at least one musical instrument. :blush:

Wow, at least you have someone to train with. Am also hoping to get a 'learning partner'. And hey, all the best on your children as they learn the musical instrument

I love my pets.
Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationWien / AT
Native
French, German
Other Arabic - Standard, Japanese, Chinese - Cantonese

I think the gym and physical exercise are really important. Healthy body healthy mind

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Alex.M wrote:

I think the gym and physical exercise are really important. Healthy body healthy mind

I love to do this really! :blush:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Reading books is always a great way to improve one's way of thinking. I'm currently reading a leadership book called Extreme Ownership. I think it's excellent :)

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Mel.Palogan wrote:

Reading books is always a great way to improve one's way of thinking. I'm currently reading a leadership book called Extreme Ownership. I think it's excellent :)

I couldn't agree more. Reading is indeed very developmental because it provides a vast info on just about anything you want to know and learn.

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback