Greatest music in different languages

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

One of the ways to feel the pulse of a country is through understanding the music of the country. I would love to hear suggestions of cult music/rock anthems/hugely popular songs from different countries.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Hey I am from Venezuela, I could make a selection of some songs for you (in Spanish). Where are you from?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

Thankyou so much. That would be great. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

I am not from Hungary, but I absolutely love this Hungarian song. 

I think this is exactly the type of song you may like :) 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationlahore / PK

great idea mine is urdu i will share.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

So, after thinking a little I made a broad list including things I normally don't hear but are part of my country:

- These two songs are the ones I would call the second and third anthem of Venezuela: "Alma llanera" (from any performer) and "Venezuela" (any performer, from Pablo Herrero Ibarz y José Luis Armenteros Sánchez).

- If you want to hear something between the 40' to the 80' you can look for any song of the "Billo's Caracas Boys".

- Gaitas ("Christmas" like music from the Zulia): "Maracaibo 15" (Amparito, Viejo año) and "Gran coquivacoa" (Sin rencor) .

- Salsa: "Guaco" (Vivo, Pídeme) and "Oscar de Leon" (Lloraras).

- Llanera music: "Simón Díaz", "Reinaldo Armas" and "Gualberto Ibarreto". Any song will give you the feeling.

- Tambores: "Tambor urbano" (leo leo lee).

- Acid-Jazz-Funk-Tropical-WTF: "Los amigos invisibles" (Mentiras, Esto es lo que hay, La vecina, Viviré para tí, Cuchi cuchi)

- Ska-reggae-tropical: "King Chango" (Sin ti, Venezuelan in New York) and "Desorden público" (Allá cayo, Todo está muy normal).

- Latin rock: "Caramelos de cianuro" (Los sanitarios, Veronica, Rubia sol morena luna), "Zapato 3" (Pantaletas negras) and "La vida boheme" <- band from a friend of mine so I recommend it (Radio capital, Danz -> I'm somewhere in the official video haha, can't remember where)

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Here is the entrance song of MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko

I think the language is Latin (per Wiki). I don't understand a word but it's an absolutely beautiful song. Being a fan of MMA has it's perks sometimes haha

Edited 
    Feedback