Fixed - Feature request - Re-ordering 'My Passages'

Posts0Likes0Joined7/8/2018LocationES
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Being able to re-order the playlist is brilliant thanks but it just made me wonder if it was possible to re-order 'My Passages' as well?

I am sure these were in the right order when I added them, (my memory is not the best so maybe not) but now I would like them to be in the order of 1,2,3 from the top and not 3,2,1 as I add them.

Is there any chance this feature could be added?

Learning Spanish very slowly :)

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Bex wrote:
Being able to re-order the playlist is brilliant thanks but it just made me wonder if it was possible to re-order 'My Passages' as well?

So you want to be able to re-order them, and when you add a new passage should it default to come in at the top of the list, after which you could move it to another position?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

If I was reading through lesson by lesson then I suppose the order should be 1,2,3....so that would mean new ones would default to appear at the bottom of the list...

Or do you think it would be better 3,2,1? I don't suppose it matters too much if you can reorder them.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I like my new stuff showing up at the top so it's easy to find. So if you're not opposed, I'll write the ticket that way. 

On the other hand, if you think we need to be able to order by date created, date last opened, alphabetical, etc in addition to this custom order we're talking about, I could request that and see if it's possible, but I'd like to get all the details before I write the ticket so we can do it all in one change.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

All the options would be great as long as it doesn't get too complicated.

The main thing for me being able to reorder them manually but the other options would be a bonus, especially 'date last opened' which would be particularly useful.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:
The main thing for me being able to reorder them manually but the other options would be a bonus, especially 'date last opened' which would be particularly useful.

Ok, we talked about this today. First, the passage history is already a last-opened sort. Second, wouldn't you prefer to have the ability to re-order your passages within a course, rather than in my passages? 

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

I would like both...if the course passages are in the wrong order that is really annoying.. I am working through such a course with over 100 passages on another site at the moment and it takes me 5 mins after every passage to find the next one!

Being able to re-order my passages is also something I would like to be able to do because as you have said you like to have your new passages appear at the top but I like them to appear at the bottom or just re-order if I uploade in the wrong order.

Is it possible to add the feature to both?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi Bex. What we've done is to allow sorting of both library and my passages up and down by date, alphabetical and last opened. Within a course it's now possible to drag a lesson into a new position. Can you please check? 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Sorry...been very busy with work. I will make sure I check it tomorrow.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

No activity, so I'm going to close this ticket. Feel free to open a new one if necessary.

Posted 
    Feedback