trivia anyone?

Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish
  • In 1972, Marlon Brando refused the Oscar award for his role as The Godfather.
  • Ireland is the second largest software producing company in the world. 
  • The Philippines has five million roosters dedicated to cockfighting.
Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

I like trivias! Keep them coming guys!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

I watched a video that features how some people developed a special ability after having an accident of some kind

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationOrlando / US
Native
Learning Spanish

I just learned that In the Pacific its called “Typhoon” and “Hurricane” in Atlantic. Be vigilant and stay strong to those people who are in the area of calamity. :pray::skin-tone-2:

Sheena

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

Canada produces 70% of maple syrup

In Canada, milk is stored in bags

Edited 
Native
Tagalog
  • As a child, Johnny Depp was allergic to chocolate.
  • Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunctioned during the 2004 Super Bowl half time show. A couple of guys wanted to share this video with many others so they created YouTube.
  • British Members of Parliament are prohibited by law from wearing suits of armor in Parliament.
Posted 
Native
Learning Spanish

GonzaloA wrote:

Canada produces 70% of maple syrup

In Canada, milk is stored in bags

that’s interesting! That’s why its called maple, Canada also had maple leaf on their flag 

Sheena

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Bamboo is the worlds fastest growing plant, that is why builders are starting to use it as a sustainable material in architecture.

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

yes, that`s right

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

Was he allergic to chocolate? Isn`t he the lead actor in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?, ironic...

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

GonzaloA wrote:
Was he allergic to chocolate? Isn`t he the lead actor in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?, ironic...

Please use the quote button so people know who you are responding to.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other French, Spanish

I found this Youtube channel called "It's Ok To Be Smart", you might want to check this particular video on "How Some Words Get Forgetted"

Aleks

Posted 
Native
Learning Spanish

there is more alcohol in mouthwash than in wine! (let me get drunk with Listerine lol! :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:)

Sheena

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

but now you can get a version with zero alcohol

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

GonzaloA wrote:

Yes it is, isn't it? ^_^

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
Bamboo is the worlds fastest growing plant, that is why builders are starting to use it as a sustainable material in architecture.

I wonder exactly how fast it grows? There used to be a majestic patch of bamboo near my home. It towered over all the trees. Then one day it was suddenly just gone. I'd forgotten about it for a couple of years until I saw the exact same patch of bamboo towering over the trees again. I was dumbfounded to see it. Man, how fast do those things grow???

Things you can build with bamboo.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Phillip.Laplana wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:

I wonder exactly how fast it grows? There used to be a majestic patch of bamboo near my home. It towered over all the trees. Then one day it was suddenly just gone. I'd forgotten about it for a couple of years until I saw the exact same patch of bamboo towering over the trees again. I was dumbfounded to see it. Man, how fast do those things grow???
Things you can build with bamboo.

It depends of the specie. I found on the Guiness World Records this information:

"Who: BAMBOO PLANT
What: 0.00003 KILOMETRE(S) PER HOUR
Where: UNITED KINGDOM (BAMBOO PLANT)
The world record for the fastest growing plant belongs to certain species of the 45 genera of bamboo, which have been found to grow at up to 91 cm (35 in) per day or at a rate of 0.00003 km/h (0.00002 mph).
According to the RHS Dictionary of Gardening, there are approximately 1,000 species of bamboos. The tallest recorded in the tropics was reportedly 40 m (130 ft), in Europe and the USA 20-30 m (65-98 ft) has been the tallest."

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Wow! Twenty feet tall in a month. At least. Well that explains the disappearing/re-appearing giant thatch of bamboo. ^_^

Posted 
Native
English, Spanish

I heard it from financial expert Suze Orman, I think she mentioned it on one of her shows

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined17/9/2018LocationCavite / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Learning Chinese - Mandarin, German

leosmith wrote:
GonzaloA wrote:
GonzaloA wrote:
she is the most generous celebrity

When I ask you to cite something, I mean I want you to post a link that confirms it. Cite is short for citation.
Sheena wrote:
Oprah?

She is probably more generous than Ellen, but I could be wrong.

I think so  

Posted 
    Feedback