Fixed - misc registration issues

Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationChicago, Illinois / US
Native
English
Other Indonesian, Spanish

Hi! Some first impressions from registering and setting up my profile. These options have inconsistent capitalization and could use an "other" option if you're going to make it mandatory. "Source" should also be called something like "How did you hear about us?"

It seems strange that the display name wouldn't accept spaces - perhaps it should say that up front. 

I found a strange option in the list of countries while setting up my profile. 

I noticed that the default sex was "male" - would be better if it were neutral to start. 

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Sarah,

We aren't able to allow spaces in the display name, but we think we fixed everything else. Please let us know what you think.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English

Nice - I just registered as another name to test it out. Everything looks good to me except the "Type/Choose how you found us" - it's phrased a little unconventionally and suggests to the user that they can type in their own option. I still propose "How did you find us?" as the prompt for that field and for "other" to be added as an option. Also I think we need one more "r" in "referral." I suggest not using all caps because it made me question what "search" meant. I liked the original option of "Search Engine."

Also, this was not in my original suggestion but I tend to prefer "Last Name" to "Surname" on forms like this.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

SarahSchaffer wrote:
Nice - I just registered as another name to test it out. Everything looks good to me except the "Type/Choose how you found us" - it's phrased a little unconventionally and suggests to the user that they can type in their own option. I still propose "How did you find us?" as the prompt for that field and for "other" to be added as an option. Also I think we need one more "r" in "referral." I suggest not using all caps because it made me question what "search" meant. I liked the original option of "Search Engine."
Also, this was not in my original suggestion but I tend to prefer "Last Name" to "Surname" on forms like this.
"Type/Choose how you found us" is fine, because you can either type or choose. If you type and it isn't recognized, you will be given the option of choosing "other", then you can type in the field that appears. Many people have already done this, so evidently it's clear. "Other" also exists on the list of options, you may just need to scroll down to see it depending on your browser. Imo all caps are fine, but we will fix the "referral" typo.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English

Sounds good!

Posted 
    Feedback