Fixed - Bug: Reading - passages not appearing in course

Posts0Likes0Joined7/8/2018LocationES
Native
English
Learning Spanish

I created a passage 1 for my course and the first passage appears correctly within the course.

However when I added a second passage to the same course... it did not appear within the course?

It says it is in the course when I look at the edit page but it's just a stand-alone passage everywhere else??

Learning Spanish very slowly :)

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Bex wrote:
I created a passage 1 for my course and the first passage appears correctly within the course.
However when I added a second passage to the same course... it did not appear within the course?
It says it is in the course when I look at the edit page but it's just a stand-alone passage everywhere else??

Hi Bex,

Did you select the course when you created your second passage? If not, you can edit the passage and select it. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Yes...I clicked the add from inside the course box. And it is already selected if I view it in edit mode?!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Bex wrote:
Yes...I clicked the add from inside the course box.

You taught me something - I didn't even know you could do that. I'll write a ticket making sure it defaults to the course in this case.

wrote:
And it is already selected if I view it in edit mode?!

Sorry, I didn't understand. It's selected, but not showing up in the course? Or maybe the technical team selected it without your knowledge? 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

I will try and clarify...

If I go to the edit passage box and view the box "Which course is this passage part of?" it has the course title in the box below.

But when I go to the course it's not there.

I hope that is clearer...if not I'll try and add a screenshot.

Posted 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

The box with the course title in it is a big button. If the colour matches the text inputs it isn't selected and clicking or tapping it is meant to turn it blue.  

I guess this isn't obvious when you only have one course and it's optional.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

So it is...I have to ask but why have you made a button that looks like a text box? 

This is very unusual and not very intuitive... especially as on the rest of the form the boxes are text boxes and not buttons but they look exactly the same!

Works but odd/confusing

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Here's what we have. Can you post a screenshot of a button style that's more pleasing/clearer to you?

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

That's not where I'm seeing the option... I'll screen shot it.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Can you view this? And explain how to insert a screenshot...:( 

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:
explain how to insert a screenshot

(I edited your post to make it show up.) 

Attachments>apply>inline or inline thumbnail

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:
That's not where I'm seeing the option... I'll screen shot it.

I see what you mean - it's about the same size as a text box on mobile. If you have no objections, I think I'll write a ticket to change it to a drop-down.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Thanks. Whilst I remember...does that delete button in my screenshot - delete the whole course or just the single passage from the course?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:
does that delete button in my screenshot - delete the whole course or just the single passage from the course?

It deletes the course, not passages. The passages become unassociated. You may know this already, but it's not necessary to select/create a course for a passage. Some people like to organize their passages, some don't.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Is it possible to delete a single passage from the course?

I just wondered because that's what I thought the delete button would do - since it's in the edit passage section.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Bex wrote:

In the course pop-up, there is no delete option for passages. You can only delete passages from My Passages and the Library(provided you are the creator).

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

leosmith wrote:
Bex wrote:

In the course pop-up, there is no delete option for passages. You can only delete passages from My Passages and the Library(provided you are the creator).

Sorry - did you mean delete the passage, or just take it out of the course? You can take it out of the course by editing it and un-selecting the course.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi Bex, we now have a drop-down for course selection. Can you check it? I'd like to close this ticket.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Yes it is much clearer but I don't understand why you have the course editing/deleting options in the passage section and not the course section?

Surely the course editing and deleting should be accessed from the course overview?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

ok, we have added edit and delete buttons inside the course as well. closing this ticket

Posted 
    Feedback