Fixed - Delete posts and topics?

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

I've accidentally created four of the same topics "Parliamo italiano" in the "Other than English" section. How do I delete the three extra topics? I can't seem to find the delete button. My connection was bad and I pressed "create topic" too many times, that is why there are four of them... 

Posted 
Posts1637Likes1093Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi Olga,

It looks like our tech team got to those. I'm requesting the ability to delete your own topic if it hasn't been replied to yet.

Thanks!

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

While responding to a comment on a post just now I realized I don't have the ability to delete the reply or there's nothing to prompt you when you're making duplicate responses. I was clicking reply to topic and the comments were being submitted but the text box and text wouldn't disappear until I click on the button in blue. If the other two don't work, what are they for? I just want to know.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Roshane.Brooks wrote:
While responding to a comment on a post just now I realized I don't have the ability to delete the reply

This is in work. 

In the Philippines now.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Sorry, I misread your post the first time.

Roshane.Brooks wrote:
there's nothing to prompt you when you're making duplicate responses

We aren't going to give a warning for duplicate responses, but we're working on a warning if you try leave the form without entering your text (same sort of warning you get when filling out your profile)

wrote:
I was clicking reply to topic and the comments were being submitted but the text box and text wouldn't disappear until I click on the button in blue. If the other two don't work, what are they for?

I realize there are other ways of doing it. I personally don't find it confusing, but if lots of others have problems with the buttons, we'll look at changing them.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

We think that you can edit and delete your own posts and topics, if they are less than a day old and nobody has responded to them. Is there anyone who can't do this?

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

leosmith wrote:
We think that you can edit and delete your own posts and topics, if they are less than a day old and nobody has responded to them. Is there anyone who can't do this?

I can't or I just don't know how to.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Roshane.Brooks wrote:
leosmith wrote:

I can't or I just don't know how to.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Has anyone tried to delete or edit one of their posts/topics that is less than 24 hrs old?

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

leosmith wrote:

Has anyone tried to delete or edit one of their posts/topics that is less than 24 hrs old?

Works on new topics and posts in existing ones-

Doesn't actually delete the post itself though, just the comment within https://languagetools.io/forum/t/1994

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Greg.Jones wrote:
leosmith wrote:

Doesn't actually delete the post itself though, just the comment within https://languagetools.io/forum/t/1994

that link gives me an "oops", but I know what you mean - I created another one here

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

leosmith wrote:

Greg.Jones wrote:

leosmith wrote:

that link gives me an "oops", but I know what you mean - I created another one here

Looks like the topics do get removed some point after, but shows on the activity feed and forum for a couple of hours (?) Not certain on how long

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Greg.Jones wrote:
Looks like the topics do get removed some point after, but shows on the activity feed and forum for a couple of hours (?) Not certain on how long

After "deleting", the topic disappears from the topic list, but it stays in the feed and you can access it from there. This will be fixed on the next build.

In the Philippines now.

Posted 
    Feedback