What other languages do you want to learn and why?

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location

I only have 3 languages that I am fluent in. Bisaya, Tagalog, and English. Personally, I would like to know Spanish because I think the language is so elegant and graceful. Also it is one of the top universal languages in the world. The second language I would like to learn is Chinese but it is too complicated for me. We had a mandarin subject back in college and it was just too confusing for me. It was like learning an entire new language because it was very different with it's tone and diction unlike Spanish where some words are still close to the English language. Although someday, I would like to learn Chinese again because it is also one of the top languages in the world and also in my line of work, it is also good for business.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

I am learning Spanish. I would like to learn French next. I tried to learn both Soanish and French at the same time and overwhelmed myself. :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I am English living in Spain I could help with some basic Spanish I get by but could do with someone native to speak with.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Korean, Spanish

I am trying my best to learn Korean. I love their Series/Dramas and their songs are intriguing, and I think their culture is amazing. When I was in highschool I actually like Japanese due to my interest in Anime, but I am having a hard time to learn the 'syllabary' (katakana, hiragana and kanji). So, I shifted to Korean, as it is much easier.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationGeorge Town / GY

i am trying to learn German since its similar to dutch, cuz when someone next to me speaks German at times i good understand them fully. Spanish is also a language i would love to learn since i live in south america.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationMetro Manila / PH
Other English

I really would like to learn basic Japanese or Spanish. I like to travel and meet people from different cultures. But I want to start with Japanese since I have co-workers from Japan.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
Russian, Ukrainian
Other English, German

I want to learn German first 

I can help with Russian and Ukrainian languages

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I'm trying to get all my languages to a strong B2 level, and it will probably take about 2 years. After that, I think it's Brazilian Portuguese. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 

that was actually another language i would love to learn 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

I would like to learn Spanish better, I know the grammar, the logic, the basics already but I just need to hear and speak it. At the moment I dont have any Spanish speaking friends :/

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Strangely i find sometimes i watch something with foreign subtitle online in a language i don't know and manage to follow some of the words.I really need to put my efforts into mastering some better Spanish but there are tonnes of languages i have tried/ want to try to learn.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
Russian, Ukrainian
Other English, German

leosmith wrote:
I'm trying to get all my languages to a strong B2 level, and it will probably take about 2 years. After that, I think it's Brazilian Portuguese.

Where do you pass the language tests?

I can help with Russian and Ukrainian languages

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Oxana.Salij wrote:
leosmith wrote:

I've never taken a CEFR test; I'm just very familiar with the level. You can read about the levels in wikipedia, and see videos of people taking the test on youtube. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018Location

I'd like to learn Tagalog since it's my wife's native language. I know a few phrases, but not much more. I'd also like to learn more French this that will help me communicate with people from multiple African countries. I'd also like to learn Arabic. It's so different from any language I've seen written, and it's so useful to know! 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Oxana.Salij wrote:
leosmith wrote:

In my country, it depends on which language you want to get assessed. For Spanish, most employers require that you be assessed at Instituto Cervantes. For French, Alliance Francais.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

I like to learn Spanish...

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Instituto Cervantes is pretty affordable. So if you're anywhere near Manila, it's worth a try. You should also check out audiobooks by Michel Thomas. :) He's pretty awesome. I tried learning Spanish so I have some learning materials. Wasn't really that into the language though so it didn't work out.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationRis-Orangis / FR
Native
Spanish
Learning English, French

I am spanish native, I speak english and now I am lerning french, after I would like to learn Italian. 

Edited 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Maria.Jennings wrote:
I'd like to learn Tagalog since it's my wife's native language. I know a few phrases, but not much more. I'd also like to learn more French this that will help me communicate with people from multiple African countries. I'd also like to learn Arabic. It's so different from any language I've seen written, and it's so useful to know!

Tagalog is pretty easy. :) Most people get to conversational levels in a month or so. That and I think there are a tons of learners here from the Philippines who can help you out. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning Arabic - Standard
Other Yoruba

I'm trying to learn Arabic, as I am a Muslim it is essential, and I find it interesting to speak. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

I've decided to learn French because I've always found it fascinating. I would also love to read the original text of Le Petit Prince. 

Posted 

i would consider learning German because its similar to dutch. 

Posted 
Native
English
Other Yoruba

Arabic is a great one, I'd love to learn more of that too 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Would love to learn Japanese and Spanish =)

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Native
English
Other Yoruba

Hello everyone 

Edited 
Native
English
Other Yoruba

Hey everyone, need assistance. 

I looked all around but I am yet to find an Arabic teacher. My search result only displays 2 teachers on this forum.

Correct?

Or am I missing something out?

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Only two have registered as teachers. The site just started so we're lacking native speakers for some languages. :(

--

ikay

Posted 
    Feedback