Food!

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location

Growing up as a kid, I was always fascinated with western food. I always see them in cartoons and movies and I would just salivate watching it. Filipino food is also great but it gets dull after eating it again and again although I haven't really traveled yet around the country to taste the dishes of the different provinces in here. 

Through social media, I also began to appreciate the different foods around the world. Nowadays, I am mostly fascinated with Indian or Malaysian dishes. How about you guys? What food did you love growing up and what are the dishes that you would like to experience in the future?

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thai food is my favorite!

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationDasmarinas City / PH

I really love food ") Asian dishes are my favorites. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

Just saw the topic title and new I had to jump in... who doesn't love food?! My favourite cuisine is real Italian food but my guilty pleasure is a really good burger!

Posted 

Same here! Burger is my all-time favorite!

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationRis-Orangis / FR
Native
Spanish
Learning English, French

I would like to try japonais food, I see in the anime and I want to know more about their culture, and even more now after see their behavior in the world cup, I think we can learn so much about Japonais people. 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationCA
Native
French, Spanish
Other English, Italian, Portuguese

wow what a topic, difficult to pick one. and everything is so different from traditional, to homestyle, to authentic restaurant. impossible to try all of the dishes from a culture.

Canada : poutine!!

Greece : souvlaki, tzatiki, baklava, moussaka and spanakopita.

Mexico : almost everything except tamales (sorry really thought was gonna love it)

India : chicken tikka masala or pretty much everything tikka masala hehe also like their lentils soup, samosas and gulab jamun. Thailand : duh, pad thai.

Italia : mamma mia, everything. can't really list.

Spain : tortilla de patatas (yes, patatas! ), repollo rehogado, paella de carne.

Haiti : djon djon rice.

Dominican Republic : mangu, sancocho, mais caquiao.

Asian meals : only been to buffet and wish I could eat authentic food someday. And I really really wish, one day I could eat an authentic ramen soup just like Goku.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

I love PIZZA =)

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

Oh yeah, a good pizza... wood fired, thin base, yum!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

I've been out in the country far too long so I miss KFC, it's not even good, but that gravy...

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

sabrina.torres wrote:

Canada : poutine!!

Isn't that pretty much chips and gravy?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

I love our Filipino dishes especially adobo, ginataang laeng, and almost all our what so called "kakanin".

Though I also like eating other foreign-inspired food such as pizza, spaghetti, siomai, sushi, and sharksfin. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

You've all eaten lots of good stuff yummy, Sabrina I'm impressed by all the dishes you'd tried including some of my country. I couldn't personally list the foods I like most because I love too many dishes ^^

Edited 
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

Elso.Martinez wrote:
You've all eaten lots of good stuff yummy, Sabrina I'm impressed by all the dishes you'd tried including some of my country. I couldn't personally list the foods I like most because I love too many dishes ^^

I know... it's almost impossible to decide!

Posted 
Native
French, Spanish

Well, as a true french Canadian, i would say no its not only chips and gravy hehe. Cheese custards only can be found in Quebec! They go “squik squik” when you chew on them. They are made from cheddar but best alternative is mozzarella. So cheese is what makes poutine. Also, gravy needs to be 25% chicken 75% beef. Dark brown gravy. Theres alot of varieties tho. And for fries, please no strings. 1 to 1.5 in thick would be perfect.

Posted 
Native
French, Spanish

I thought it would be cooler if i could list the name of the dishes so you guys can look up on that. My husband is from Dominican Republic and i had to learn how to cook. Thanks God I had access to internet. Everything very very yummy. First dish my husband (well boyfriend at that time) was mangu with fried eggs, divine!! And then when i discovered queso frito, oh my!! And so.. its been 10 years now and still missing a few dishes i havent tried yet! :grin:

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Other English, French

How awesome Sabrina, mangu and queso frito are life! Haha

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Other English, French

James exactly, how could I? xD

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationIT
Native
Russian, Swedish
Other English, Finnish, Italian

I love food too! My favorite is Italian food. Easy to prepare and delicious. But I also like to try other cuisines. 

Asian food is exotic for me. I love Asian dishes mostly because they use vegetables I would not use in my daily cooking. :) 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

I love dimsum then pair it with a good yangzhou fried rice. 

Posted 
    Feedback