Dog Lover

Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationPH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Spanish

I just saw the post about cats. I like cats but for me they are kind of moody, one minute they are playing with you but next thing you know they are trying to scratch you. So I rather play with dogs, we have 5 dogs. 4 of them are "ASPIN". :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

We have two dogs. They're both mixed breeds. :) We named her Sumi (because her tail looks like a calligraphy brush) and Lady Rainicorn (because my daughter loves Adventure Time). Our first two dogs were a mix of Chihuahua and Shih Tzu. The puppies were so tiny my husband kept stepping on them. They died after two weeks. T_T

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Sorry to hear that...

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationRis-Orangis / FR
Native
Spanish
Learning English, French

I have two in Colombia, a French poodle and a Shih-tzu, but here in France I can't have, my husban is allergic, but I am a dog lover definitely

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

My family and I rescue animals. We've fostered over 20 cats and 6 litters of kittens. We've also fostered many breeds of dogs. I honestly prefer dogs over cats. Every other person I know seems to be allergic to cats and we're usually able to find a home for dogs quicker than cats. We have 7 cats and 2 dogs plus we're fostering a kitten. We move around a lot and stray animals are always at our door :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I know the stray struggle ...We have 5 dogs and 15 cats 

Edited 
Native
Tagalog

Carolina.Rollon wrote:
I have two in Colombia, a French poodle and a Shih-tzu, but here in France I can't have, my husban is allergic, but I am a dog lover definitely

It's too bad that your husband has allergy. Having a dog in the house helps to take away your stress.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

That's so cool! Yes the stray struggle is an adventure but truly honoring! :)

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Jessica.Moreno wrote:
The puppies were so tiny my husband kept stepping on them. They died after two weeks. T_T

That's terrible! Was it a result of your husband stepping on them?

I love dogs too. I had 3 when I was married. When we divorced, I had to give them away because I travel all the time. It broke my heart, and I even cried. On the other hand, I didn't cry when my wife left. That's how much I love dogs! 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

No. Turns out they had Parvo. The stepping on them didn't help though. My husband is 5'10 and 220 lbs. And he LOVES dogs. Made him feel horrible every time. He's just walking around the house then hears a sudden cry and feels something squishy under his feet. Our girls always got on his case for it. Hahahaha!

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/7/2018LocationSanto Domingo / DO
Native
Spanish
Learning Creole - Haitian
Other English, French

Just wanted to say I love dogs too, but don't know many breeds by name. I know pugs look adorable but their genetics may have been altered in un unhealthy ways? Just what I've heard though, I have no idea.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/7/2018LocationRis-Orangis / FR
Native
Spanish
Learning English, French

Elso.Martinez wrote:
Just wanted to say I love dogs too, but don't know many breeds by name. I know pugs look adorable but their genetics may have been altered in un unhealthy ways? Just what I've heard though, I have no idea.

Yeah Elso, you are right, different kinds of breeds had been generically manipulated by the man, and as result, this breeds are more week or sick than those who haven´t be.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

My wife befriended this neighborhood stray that was abandoned by its owners. The poor guy kept hanging around the apartment, expecting them to come back. He wouldn't go anywhere to look for food. He'd just wait and wait and wait. My wife took notice of him when he was on his last legs and clearly about to die of starvation. She was going through a dark time then, and I guess she felt such strong empathy for the poor thing. So she fed him until he got better. We named him "Dude."

Dude sort of got adopted by the neighborhood. He would always hang around the place. Some of the neighbors would feed him from time to time. We'd feed him too, but we never took him in.

One day, we discovered that Dude was in fact a girl dog. This was quite a shock. She brought her boyfriend dog over for a visit and the two of them had some doggy fun right in front of our house. It was hilarious. We still call her "Dude" though.

Posted 
    Feedback