English subjects in Schools.

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location

The English subject is probably one of the hardest subjects for me when I was in school. It was too complex for me to learn the structure and details on how to properly construct sentences and also how to use words correctly. For me, I don't think it was really necessary to teach us this subject on a deeper level. It was even present in my college days in which I remember I probably had around 3-4 English subjects. Although I agree that it does help us become more fluent, I just don't think it was imperative to learn a lot of it. Also, to be honest, I'm pretty sure I learned about the English language more on experience by watching a lot American TV shows and movies. 

How about you? Was your experience in school also the same as me? Did you have lots of English subjects? or did it only have a few of them. Where did you primarily learn the language?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationMetro Manila / PH
Other English

Hi Eric, we have similar experience in the academia. English is not my native language nor can I say that I am fluent in it. What helped me better understand and learn the language is through reading pocket books that interests me. That way I improve my vocabulary.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018Locationlagos / NG

I really didn't have problem with the English language because my country was colonized by the British.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationMetro Manila / PH
Other English

Hi Ikechukwu, that sounds great. By the way where are you from? - if you don't mind me asking...

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018Locationlagos / NG

I'm from lagos Nigeria, the most populated city in Africa.

Posted 
    Feedback