Cannot reproduce - My vocabulary is gone

Posts0Likes0Joined20/11/2019LocationCA
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Spanish

As I was importing a video I noticed easy words like shalom were marked as unknown. When I checked my vocabulary I realized it was blank.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

beemoviefan wrote:
As I was importing a video I noticed easy words like shalom were marked as unknown. When I checked my vocabulary I realized it was blank.

Sorry about this - we are working on it.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Spanish

Thanks for looking into it.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi beemoviefan, we can't reproduce this - can you tell us which video and what browser? When you checked your vocabulary, was the search field clear? 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Spanish

My vocabulary is back. I’m talking about this video. https://youtu.be/337_E_S33-g 

This glitch happens in both google chrome on my chromebook and safari on iOS. It shows the word shalom(שלום) as unknown even though I’m pretty sure I’ve marked it as known a long time ago. I see some other basic words also marked as unknown. This glitch has happened before, but since Hebrew is highly inflected I just assumed I simply didn’t mark that variation of the word before. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Thanks, I passed that along. If you import that video again right now would shalom import as unknown (peach colored), and if so what state is it in in your vocab list?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Spanish

It looks like shalom really wasn't in my vocabulary list. The subtitles on this video seem to be weirdly formatted, so maybe that is what's causing issues with easy words being marked as peach. I notice the spacing is weird and some phrases are in the wrong order. Like the text will have the word okay at the end of the sentence instead of at the beginning. It's all written in Hebrew, but it seems to be an issue with punctuation. I used to have no issues with punctuation.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning Hebrew, Spanish

I just imported another video. It has good formatting, but I still see easy words marked as unknown.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Are the words different from the last ones? 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Sorry, but we are still unable to reproduce this. 

Posted 
    Feedback