fixed - Suggest mark unread for chat

Posts0Likes0Joined20/9/2019LocationRizal / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Russian

Can we have notifications for chat replies? I do notice that there's a sound effect and I'm assuming that's means someone replied to my chat. However, when I check the last of chat inbox, you still need to find which one replied to you. So I was wondering maybe there could be other notifications than the sound effect? Perhaps put the most recent chat at the top and has a mar of "unread"? 

"Не волнуйтесь"

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi jpormento, we already have notifications for chat. They are under settings>chat. To get a noise when someone responds, in the chat page click the settings symbol and make sure it's on. But what I think you are requesting is for unread "my language exchanges", on the LH side of the chat page, to be highlighted and the most recent on top of the list. Is that correct?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Native
Tagalog

leosmith wrote:
But what I think you are requesting is for unread "my language exchanges", on the LH side of the chat page, to be highlighted and the most recent on top of the list. Is that correct?

Yes, this is what I meant.

"Не волнуйтесь"

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Ok, we'll discuss this

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Hi jpormento, we think we fixed this. Can you please verify?

Posted 
Native
Tagalog

Yes thank you. When I received a new chat, there's the sound effect, it didn't go to the top of the chat lists but at least it's highlighted in color green which it easier to be identified as an unread chat.

"Не волнуйтесь"

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

We found making it go to the top of the chat would be problematic, but we're glad the highlighting is working for you.

Posted 
    Feedback