Dark Mode on Chrome for Android

Posts54Likes59Joined4/9/2019LocationCórdoba / AR
Native
Spanish
Learning French, German
Other English

Given the recent interest surrounding dark themes within the community, I thought it’d be a good idea to share this post. Until now I had only solved this on desktop devices thanks to a chrome extension called Dark Reader. This method, however, takes care of the issue when using a mobile phone (at least for Android devices). I don’t own any Apple devices so I couldn’t tell you if it works on their platform or not.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Very helpful. Thanks!

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined29/7/2020LocationUS
Native
English

The dark mode is a modern trend. Developers are actively adding this feature to their applications, and Google is also not lagging behind. But activating the setting in each application separately is tedious. Fortunately, there is a better method to get the most out of the dark interface with a few clicks. This article gives an explanation of how to switch on the Dark Mode to every device and app.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined18/6/2019LocationSan Jose Del Monte / PH
Native
English
Learning Afrikaans, Cebuano, Chinese - Mandarin, Danish, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Spanish, Tagalog

Is it really a modern trend? It seems like the history of the GUI, some of the original interfaces were in what we would now call "high contrast mode". I'd like to think with nightmode GUIs are just returning to their roots :)

Find me on Discord:

https://discord.gg/R4zepcA

Posted 
Posts1Likes0Joined20/10/2022Location

The main reason why I use dark themes is because of the strain on my eyes. I use my phone for long periods of time and a white background can really start to hurt my eyes. When I first started using Reddit, the app had a dark mode which was super convenient. Sadly, this feature was removed without any explanation.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined20/10/2022Location

To enable dark mode on Chrome for Android, open the settings menu and select Themes. You will be able to choose from the Light, Dark, or System Default theme. If you select Dark, your Chrome browser will automatically use a dark theme when possible. You can also enable dark mode in Chrome for Android by long-pressing on the address bar and selecting Themes. Dark Mode on Chrome for iOS To enable dark mode on Chrome for iOS, open the settings menu and select Dark Mode. You will be able to choose from the Light, Dark, or System Default theme. If you select Dark, your Chrome browser will automatically use a dark theme when possible. You can also enable dark mode in Chrome for iOS by long-pressing on the address bar and selecting Themes.

Posted 
    Feedback