fixed - Persian word order backwards?

Posts1Likes0Joined22/10/2019LocationGB
Native
English
Learning Greek - Ancient, Latin, Persian

I've just tried to create a passage, copying and pasting Persian text.

Bizarrely, the words are backwards - not the letters, and not the text direction, but the words - as in: 

backwards are the words

I've tried reversing the text direction on the source text, without results. 

Am I doing something stupid, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Posted 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

Hi Belisarius,

Have you tried highlighting the lines as phrases? It may help for now whilst we investigate this.

Posted 
Posts9Likes8Joined10/11/2019LocationDE
Native
German, Turkish
Learning Persian
Other English, French

Any word on this? Sentence order is correct for me, but it's written from left to right and it's very irritating. Was hoping that that highlighting would be just a temporary solution for a few days, as you have to reselect the sentence once you click on words. Breaks the flow

Edited 
Posts44Likes28Joined18/3/2018LocationGB
Native
French
Other English

It's on the list of things to do, I think in general RTL languages aren't fully supported at the moment as we have no one in-house that really knows about them.

Posted 
Posts9Likes8Joined10/11/2019LocationDE
Native
German, Turkish
Learning Persian
Other English, French

Bummer, but thanks for the fast reply. Was hoping that it'd be quick fix, as highlighting the sentence aleady does the right thing and it should be just matter of applying it on entire text field. Still the best tool there is, so I'll keep using it :)

Edit: Actually found a fix myself, https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/reversing-text/. It's just a matter of adding a single attribute. Everyone can do it in the inspector

Edit 2: nvm. Translations won't show up anymore and you can't click on words 

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi ileri and Belisarius, can you check to see if this is working now?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback