Should I get upset?

Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

Someone commented about a complaint of mine in a site forum (not here): "this is my clutching pearls face". I didn't know the expression, so I looked it up and understood it as cinical. My question is if my understanding is correct, because I cannot believe why that person would be so agressive.

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

I could be wrong, but I think this is a mixed metaphor of the 2 idiomatic expressions "resting bitch face" and "clutch your pearls". It's a bit mean, but no need to get upset about it because "haters gonna hate". Don't let them determine how you feel.  

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

leosmith wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think this is a mixed metaphor of the 2 idiomatic expressions "resting bitch face" and "clutch your pearls". It's a bit mean, but no need to get upset about it because "haters gonna hate". Don't let them determine how you feel. :grin:
Maybe "upset" was too much indeed. I was more about "surprised" because I was trying to solve a problem in that forum, and a moderator responded that way. It was so out of context I thought I had misunderstood the expression. Anyway, I liked it and gonna use! Just waiting for the opportunity!

Posted 
    Feedback