Free talk thread

Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

My birthday was on February 14 and i literally couldn't go anywhere. There was heavy traffic everywhere, everyone was in a frenzy cos of Valentine's day. I just bought a bucket of chicken from KFC,went home and ate my soul away.

How did you'll spend your Valentine's day? 

Oh and did i mention I got two cakes?

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Rose.Angelie wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

Well idk, for me personally I don't always have something smart to reply and I don't want to just reply something for the sake of replying. Sometiems I like the replies made to my comments instead of replying.

This. Me too.
Even on Facebook, when people comment on my own posts and I can't think of anything to say, I just like the comments and leave them hanging. LOL

Haha, I just like/heart/haha a comment :D 

Rose.Angelie wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
Glad to see this thread is doing alright ^_^
ow are you people doing this Saturday? Is life treating you nice?

Now to answer this -
Saturday's so-so. Trying to catch up with some online work for this week since I missed my work days since Monday because we had to bring my baby to the hospital. She was admitted for 7 days and we just got home yesterday. Gaaad, I didn't realize how expensive medical bills and doctors' fees are these days. But so glad, she's fine now.. so back to work!

I raelly hate going to the doctor...everytihng is so bleak and ...idk just waiting...and paying..and talking about health..it all..scares me to be honest..

Oghenekevwe wrote:
My birthday was on February 14 and i literally couldn't go anywhere. There was heavy traffic everywhere, everyone was in a frenzy cos of Valentine's day. I just bought a bucket of chicken from KFC,went home and ate my soul away.
How did you'll spend your Valentine's day?
Oh and did i mention I got two cakes?

Happy belated birthday!!

Two cakes? That sounds awesome!

I did not celebrate the Valentine's day, but it just so happened that the Alita"Battle Angel movie was released that day in my coutnry so I went and watched that. I enjoyed that movie 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Currently, I'm doing our week's laundry in a laundry shop because our house is a mess with the refurbishing and all. I hope everyone is just doing fine out there.

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/12/2018Location
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona
Other Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Tagalog

edz.conde wrote:
Currently, I'm doing our week's laundry in a laundry shop because our house is a mess with the refurbishing and all. I hope everyone is just doing fine out there.

Is the laundry shop an expensive one?

And because you said something about refurbishing, I wonder if you speak the language called Furbish.

Currently in a VERY good mood, I don't know what's going on even. And there is a dish made out of bread and marine animals in the electro oven. Can you figure out what it is?

SGP = _____ _____ ____ (currently remixing my nickname)

My Youtube channel (EN, DE, ...)

Alpha Centauri Style Music (on Soundcloud)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I'm going to go see Alita too. Came out last week! 

Thanks for the birthday wishes Dragonsky.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

SGP wrote:
Maybe many conversations (no matter between whom and whom) die like this?

I think so (at least for me). Unless someone leaves a question in the end. ^^ 

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Native

dragonsky wrote:

the Alita"Battle Angel movie was released that day in my coutnry so I went and watched that. I enjoyed that movie

I got a movie invite on this but wasn't able to go and thought it wasn't interesting LOL Was it some kind of a computer-game-turned-movie kind of stuff? Haha

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Rose.Angelie wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

Well idk, for me personally I don't always have something smart to reply and I don't want to just reply something for the sake of replying. Sometiems I like the replies made to my comments instead of replying.

This. Me too.
Even on Facebook, when people comment on my own posts and I can't think of anything to say, I just like the comments and leave them hanging. LOL

i feel you..lol

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

:( My PC has some issued :( I should buy a new one but I don't have money for it :( I am actually typing this from an internet cafe..this is the third month in the last 4-5 months this is happening.. :( 

Rose.Angelie wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
the Alita"Battle Angel movie was released that day in my coutnry so I went and watched that. I enjoyed that movie

I got a movie invite on this but wasn't able to go and thought it wasn't interesting LOL Was it some kind of a computer-game-turned-movie kind of stuff? Haha

Hmm..well it's based on Asian comics (manga). It's set in the future. Everything is sci-fi, and that's all I can say without spoiling the main plot haha :D So it's based on a manga not on video game, altough the CGI is great 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

[quote name="SGP"]

[quote name="edz.conde"]

[/quote]

Is the laundry shop an expensive one?

And because you said something about refurbishing, I wonder if you speak the language called Furbish.

Currently in a VERY good mood, I don't know what's going on even. And there is a dish made out of bread and marine animals in the electro oven. Can you figure out what it is

Rates in laundry shops here in our country is a little expensive. If you want to really save your money, you need to do the washing of your clothes at home. To answer your 2nd question, no i'm not speaking the that language.

Is that a tuna sandwich you have there in your oven? That is one of my favorites! :blush:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

not feeling well today.. :disappointed:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined12/1/2019LocationKanpur / IN
Native
Hindi
Learning English

Hii

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Michelle.Batan wrote:
not feeling well today.. :disappointed:

OOh :( 

Get well soon ! :)

Gopal.Dwivedi wrote:
Hii

Hey! 

Posted 
Native

Dropping by to say it's already MARCH! Almost the end of the first quarter. 

How are you guys doing with your goals this year?

Posted 
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona

@edz.conde: Tuna sandwiches, yummy they are. But it was a tuna pizza in my case.

@Gopal: Hi! Aap kaise hai? Any news from India?

@Miss "back to my cave" (inside joke):  

"How are you guys doing with your goals this year?"

Overall, I can't complain. Can't complain about the language goals either. But at least up to now, I had to reduce the learning time because of some things that are (even) more important to me.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

My goals are off target :neutral_face:

Posted 
Native
German

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
My goals are off target :neutral_face:

Did the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mess them up? Or what else happened?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I have just been very busy this year teaching and gigging

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

I have just been very busy this year teaching and gigging

I'm curious what gig do you have? Is it related to music?

Edzky-18

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Gopal.Dwivedi wrote:

Hii

Hello! Are you new here?

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback