Bella the 4 yo polyglot

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

found this beautiful gem today 

i wonder how her language skills are today ? 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Aww <3

Cute kids on the internet you gotta love it

Altough it's kinda weird seeing a 4 year old that's smarting than me hahaa

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

She's too adorable! I love her spirit. Look how much she has learned I'm so little time.

Does this mean children do pick up languages faster than adults?

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Amazing kid!....I wish I am her! Haha...how come she knows that much languages. :sweat_smile:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Wow! Very cute... Exceptional...  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

I've seen this video before and it still amazes me! But what surprised me more is her ability to read really well at 4 years old. She is sooo adorable! ♥♥

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Native
English

Rose.Angelie wrote:

I've seen this video before and it still amazes me! But what surprised me more is her ability to read really well at 4 years old. She is sooo adorable! :hearts::hearts:

I thought theeactsame thing reading in multiple languages at 4 is outstanding 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

WOW! gifted. so adorable!

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

It's crazy how smarter kids are these days

When I was a kid I learned basic English when I was...hmm..idk.. 8? Let's say betwen 7 and 10 hahaah

But these days parents talk to their kids when they are younger so they can learn the foreign language better, and I often see little kids (4 year olds!!!) talking English.. 

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

We'll probably never know. On youtube, a child who can speak a few phrases in several languages is a miracle, a teen who can recite a memorized script in over a dozen is impressive, but a 30+ yo who is truly advanced in 10 languages is barely worth mentioning.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

leosmith wrote:
Jade.Xuereb wrote:

We'll probably never know. On youtube, a child who can speak a few phrases in several languages is a miracle, a teen who can recite a memorized script in over a dozen is impressive, but a 30+ yo who is truly advanced in 10 languages is barely worth mentioning.

Haha, true

People just love seeing kids

Everything is marketing these days

There are a lot of parents that force their kids into doing something so they can upload it on the internet and get tons of views and possibly money and exposure 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

leosmith wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

Undeniably true...haha. Perhaps, age does really matter in this case or it is so because they (little kids) are cute to watch.Though, personally I am still amazed with 30+ yo who could speak well 3 or more languages. That's my weakness. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/10/2018LocationLingayen, Pangasinan / PH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese, Korean
Other Arabic - Standard

Language probably got this cutie's interest at an early age. What an exceptional girl!

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

In what language do you think her thoughts are? :D 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

dragonsky wrote:
In what language do you think her thoughts are? :D

Are human thoughts in a language?

Posted 
Native
English

I think age is unimportant it is about exposure and marketing I think if youwent on national television with your talent you could be any age really 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
I think age is unimportant it is about exposure and marketing I think if youwent on national television with your talent you could be any age really

I've seen a lot of "adult polyglot on national TV" type videos, and their popularity pales in comparison to ones with little kids. 8.6 million views on the OP video, but most adult versions like this one are in the thousands. The exception is if it's on a really popular show, like Ellen or Oprah, which get millions of views on every youtube clip.

Posted 
Native
English

Yeah that's what I mean it really is down to exposure most people need 100k + views to go viral

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
Yeah that's what I mean it really is down to exposure most people need 100k + views to go viral

It's all about being a child. For example, this video shows a highly accomplished polyglot, who never gets more than a few thousand hits on his videos, hosting a child polyglot. This video has over 1M. 

Here's a TV channel that usually only gets a few thousand hits, but this interview with a child polyglot has over 2M.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

People generally feel different if it's a child doing something -from having great talents, amazing skills, to even those funny clips where they are simply being kids. I guess many of us are just naturally attracted to their cuteness. :D

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Native
English

No offense meant but I think maybe it's the sense of accomplishment in just 4 years on the planet, I think maybe people expect a bit more to begin with when you had potty training down several decades ago I think she is pretty impressive myself and I think presentation and engagement are key to a wider audience. 

Posted 
Native
English

leosmith wrote:

Jade.Xuereb wrote:

It's all about being a child. For example, this video shows a highly accomplished polyglot, who never gets more than a few thousand hits on his videos, hosting a child polyglot. This video has over 1M.

Here's a TV channel that usually only gets a few thousand hits, but this interview with a child polyglot has over 2M.

that is a more engaging video though? The others are difficult to sit through I'm no expert and I only watched a few of them bu kid was interesting a bit obnoxious but it was fun 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Jade.Xuereb wrote:
that is a more engaging video though? The others are difficult to sit through I'm no expert and I only watched a few of them bu kid was interesting a bit obnoxious but it was fun

To me the videos about adult polyglots are much more engaging. The OP video was hard for me to sit through. I predict her popularity will decrease proportional to her age. 

Posted 
Native
English

That I agree with, but I still found her amazing none the less

Posted 
    Feedback