Babbel approach

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

How to learn a language in 15 minutes per day.

Haven't tried this app yet. But will the 15 minutes per day be enough to help me with my Spanish learning?

Any feedback from Babbel app users please?

Edzky-18

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

I haven't try this but I believe that this is pretty simple to use because you simply aren't required to think of your own words or phrases, you usually pick an answer from a predetermined list. Would love to hear from babbel users as well so im following this thread. :)

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

I haven't used it personally but I've seen many positive reviews of it.

I guess it helps if you want an easier approach for new learners. There's a reason why it's popular I'd say 

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

edz.conde wrote:
will the 15 minutes per day be enough to help me with my Spanish learning?

If you are supplementing other studies, then it could help you. But 15min/day by itself isn't enough to learn a language imo, and that's the opinion of the majority of the language learning community too. With 15min/day you will never achieve the critical mass required to progress. You will forget things as quickly as you learn them. I always recommend that people be able to put in 1hr+ per day to learn a language. That's enough time so you can miss a day here and there and still make progress. 

The other thing to consider is what the app teaches. Almost all of them are fun little grammar drills. I feel they are quite an inefficient use of time for people who are trying to eventually reach a good level in a language.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback