fixed - Modern Greek

Posts0Likes0Joined17/12/2018Location

Hi I've just signed up to this website and have found nothing at all on modern Greek. Does nobody on this site speak or teach it?

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Hi SianAnna, welcome to LT :)

The good news is our reading tool supports modern Greek. So you can post Greek articles there and it will give you pop-up definitions, keep statistics and in general make things more comprehensible. Here is a video for more information. It's completely free, like everything on the site except for lessons with teachers.

The bad news is we don't have any Greek teachers yet. This is a new site, and we just started to advertise recently, so it may take a while. Something members studying Greek could do to speed things up is to fill out their language info. We probably have others here studying Greek too, so if teachers see that they may be more likely to join. It might also encourage Greek learners/natives to use the Chat tool for language exchange, the essay tool to practice writing, and this forum to ask questions about the language.

Thanks for your feedback.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Hi SianAnna! Welcome to our circle! Enjoy your stay here.  

Charlyn Amoin

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Hi welcome SianAnna! Enjoy your stay here :)

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Hey! ^_^ Welcome to the forum and I hope you like us ^_^ 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

SianAnna wrote:

Hi I've just signed up to this website and have found nothing at all on modern Greek. Does nobody on this site speak or teach it?

Hola SianAnna!

I'm quite interested in learning Greek too, though I haven't started it yet because I'm focusing first in learning spanish. But I'm curious with the "modern" greek. May I know if there is really a "big" difference between modern and "old" greek? I suppose you already have some ideas on that.

Gracias in advance! :blush:

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback